Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Lordy help me...only YOU will understand!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/lordy-help-me-only-you-will-understand-t139489.html)

auntmag 07-22-2011 12:05 PM

Same here. Consignment shops are also a good source for nice things at a reasonable price.

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Have you thought about thrift stores? I am transitioning in sizes myself and refuse to buy anything new until I am down a couple of more sizes. (Sorry about the loss)

lheartsl 07-22-2011 12:19 PM

does stink, but like others said now you have something if you need it...
and also could have seen if you could have found a consigment shop..

amandasgramma 07-22-2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by lheartsl
does stink, but like others said now you have something if you need it...
and also could have seen if you could have found a consigment shop..

I've found 2 consignment shops here in this area....both of them believe that only people size 1 or 2 need to bring their clothes in!!!!!!

TwinRiverFarm 07-22-2011 01:00 PM

Your presence at the funeral will be priceless, believe me. My DBIL wore jeans to my husbands' funeral and I was honored. Few knew that he had driven 1600 miles roundtrip the week before to see DH, then turned around and drove back
when he passed quickly. That said, I find myself measuring things in fabric-dollars too! Too funny.

amandasgramma 07-22-2011 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by TwinRiverFarm
Your presence at the funeral will be priceless, believe me. My DBIL wore jeans to my husbands' funeral and I was honored. Few knew that he had driven 1600 miles roundtrip the week before to see DH, then turned around and drove back
when he passed quickly. That said, I find myself measuring things in fabric-dollars too! Too funny.

thank you --- I was trying to put a funny spin on a very stressful time. The dear girl took her own life --- and we're all in such shock.

:-( :-(

joyce blint 07-22-2011 01:38 PM

You sound like me....I have one pair of slacks to wear with acouple different tops when its absolutely required. Otherwise, dressing up to me usually means not-so-faded jeans or capris.

clarinet87 07-22-2011 01:42 PM

I hate buying new clothes and shoes. I've found that the quality isn't that great, but prices keep going up. I refuse to buy anything unless it's on clearance!

Your friend's family and you are in my prayers.

leatheflea 07-23-2011 02:46 AM

We should trade wardrobes, i'm finding what your losing. Really tired of finding it for you!

sisLH 07-23-2011 04:41 AM

SUICIDE -third cause of death here in our county last year. Why? This needs to be found out. I had a grandma take her life when she went into menopause -back then Nobody talked about it -only her sister knew. sad