Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Luzianne Tea bags (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/luzianne-tea-bags-t134275.html)

arimuse 07-01-2011 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by meemersmom

Originally Posted by arimuse
love this post thread, lol - Buffalo/Colden/Springville! I grew up in Perry NY and hubs was on Grand ISland. My cousin lives in Hamburg and MIL in East Aurora then Arcade. She was in Springville Eastern Star. Ruined a perfectly good knee on a midnight run at Kissing Bridge. Miss it all.
I love most teas but do favor Tetley. Where I live now, outside of Charleston, on John's Island I think, they have the only tea co in America growing tea. They give tours, I went to check it out. It was a private co and it was lost to a big co (biglow tea). They used to sell Charleston Tea in the local stores but I can t find it now. It was very good tea, very fresh. sharet

I got a chuckle out of your reminiscing. Then, re-read where you live now. I have an uncle in Mount Pleasant -- he's with MUSC. How funny!

If you could visit him for a week in Feb/March you would think you were on another planet! Cold snow in Buffalo, flowers blooming all over in Mt pleasant! sharet

llamalady 07-01-2011 01:12 PM

In Virginia. I get mine at WalMart

luce321 07-01-2011 03:36 PM

I get mine at Walmart's in Jefferson, LA

Grambi 07-01-2011 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
one of my first topics on the QB was about my search for a good tea bag, having tried the big 4. Someone suggested Luzianne, so when I was down south last winter I got a box. They are OK but I am still looking for tea the way I remember it. Maybe my taste buds are shot.

I have had the same problem. I generally enjoy the iced tea that I get in restraunts but couldn't find any that tasted good brewed at home. I have recently discovered Blue Diamond tea bags and they are just the ticket for me. Of course everyone's taste buds are different.

I have also changed the way that I "brew" my tea for iced tea after listening to an interview with a tea expert on NPR.
His recommendation was to put regular (not "cold brew" style) tea bags into a pitcher of cold water and then placing that in the fridge to brew slowly (overnight or at least 8 hours). Because it is cold brewed you don't end up with any bitterness. It last a long time in the fridge after making it and it never seems to get too strong, even if I forget to take the tea bag out for a couple of days. Sun tea is supposed to be a big no-no because the temp is perfect for the growth of bacteria.

cassie69emt 07-01-2011 07:08 PM

our save a lots have them ,sometimes you can request stores to get them for you

BellaBoo 07-01-2011 07:45 PM

Sun tea tastes like old tea. My SIL makes it and no one will drink it but she feels like she is saving the planet by using sun to make tea.

RobertaMarie 07-01-2011 09:21 PM

www.cajungrocer.com
or try Amazon.com

Veronica 07-02-2011 05:52 AM

I get them at BJ's in Pennsylvania.

ajohn52 07-02-2011 01:36 PM

We have them in Nebraska.

2piecemaker 07-02-2011 02:19 PM

Hi Try Brookshire.com in East Texas. you might get some info and who know get the tea. Maria