Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Lysol Laundry Sanitizer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/lysol-laundry-sanitizer-t289777.html)

QuiltingVagabond 07-20-2017 03:25 PM

Lysol Laundry Sanitizer

Has anyone else tried this? I love the way my DH's stinky laundry comes out smelling - like nothing - it is not an odor masker with fragrance, just smells clean. I've tried lots of products to get rid of the "hard working mechanic" smell and I could usually smell it even after washing. This one really works!

nativetexan 07-20-2017 03:27 PM

good to know!

quiltingranny 07-20-2017 03:55 PM

I'll have to check that out. My husband has the same issues as your hubby. Thanks

copycat 07-21-2017 01:57 AM

Yes, thanks for the tip. I had not heard about this product.

Gerbie 07-21-2017 03:44 AM

Where did you find it? I it new and a Powder or the old Lysol liquid? When my son was in HS and home for his college breaks he worked at Pizza Hut and always used Lysol to wash the Pizza smell out of his work slacks and t-shirts. He still likes to use Lysol when he does laundry.

QuiltingVagabond 07-21-2017 10:23 AM

I found it near the Oxiclean. It is a liquid in a white bottle with a navy blue cap. It is not the same as Lysol liquid cleaner.

madamekelly 07-21-2017 01:13 PM

Since we are helping each other with laundry issues, I have another real laundry problem. DH has really oily skin (and looks half his age because of it) but he does leave oiliness on all my pillow cases in the shape of his head. When I wash them normally, the whole thing takes on an oily look and still has his skin smell still in them. So far the only way I have found to deal with this is to hand wash them in dawn dish soap after soaking in it for 30 minutes, then put them through the regular laundry. Do any of you have a less labor intensive way to deal with this? I would hate to trade a good man off to get rid of the problem.....lol.

*FYI- His skin oil evidently also has the power to remove the color (he turned my dark brown sheet burnt orange on his side of the bed) from my egyptian cotton sheets so now we only buy the lighter colors. Good thing he is so likable.......lol.

petpainter 07-22-2017 05:31 AM

No help madamekelly, my DH has exactly the same problem...I'll keep watching. Mine has other attributes that will make me keep him, too, but I sure would like to solve this issue.

DACO48 07-22-2017 06:29 PM

My husband was an electrician at a cement plant. I always put vinegar in the rinse water.

Endora 07-24-2017 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 7868175)
Since we are helping each other with laundry issues, I have another real laundry problem. DH has really oily skin (and looks half his age because of it) but he does leave oiliness on all my pillow cases in the shape of his head. When I wash them normally, the whole thing takes on an oily look and still has his skin smell still in them. So far the only way I have found to deal with this is to hand wash them in dawn dish soap after soaking in it for 30 minutes, then put them through the regular laundry. Do any of you have a less labor intensive way to deal with this? I would hate to trade a good man off to get rid of the problem.....lol.

*FYI- His skin oil evidently also has the power to remove the color (he turned my dark brown sheet burnt orange on his side of the bed) from my egyptian cotton sheets so now we only buy the lighter colors. Good thing he is so likable.......lol.

No additional help to offer-up. My husband is the same. I do find changing the pillowcases between bedding washings does help, because the oiliness is less severe.