Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Machine Embroidery Experts, I have a question....... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/machine-embroidery-experts-i-have-question-t185556.html)

gmaybee 04-13-2012 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Marysewfun (Post 5133549)
For seeing an exact replica "icon" of what the design is (picture) next to the file name, I use Embrilliance Thumbnailer - think I bought from Designs in Machine Embroidery (you can google it) for $39.95 and I found it very worthwhile.

Marysewfun

I have the 5D for my Pfaff machines, but I see that Nanacy's Notions has the Embrilliance Thumbnailer Embroidery Software with a free USB Flash Drive for $39.99

nangars 01-27-2013 05:36 AM

Kim,

I have a BabyLock Ellisimo and love it, PM me and maybe I can help you. I have 1000's of designs.

Also have a program, that I use to beable to see what the designs are, it is very cheap. I will explain more if you write to me.

I have had my machine for about a year and a half, love it. Also have two other Baby locks, love them also, use them just for my other sewing.

Have a group of friends that also do a lot ov embroidery, can explain more if you PM me.

Use "[email protected]"

Thanks Nancy

nangars 01-27-2013 05:50 AM

The true colors, don't show up in your embroidery machine. I do my own thing. I don't think it is any different on any of the embroidery machines. You can use a print out from the designs, but then again you might want to use the colors you want or have. You can make yourself crazy trying to buy all the various colors. Sometimes you just don't want a purple turkey, so that is why it select my own colors.

mermaid 01-27-2013 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Marysewfun (Post 5133549)
For seeing an exact replica "icon" of what the design is (picture) next to the file name, I use Embrilliance Thumbnailer - think I bought from Designs in Machine Embroidery (you can google it) for $39.95 and I found it very worthwhile.

Marysewfun

I use Thumbnailer and store my designs on the My Documents page or in folders. They are always visible as images of the stitch out. You hover over the design with your mouse and it tells you how many stitches, colors, size. and KB's. Not only designs. but puts images to all the shortcuts on the desktop. That's what I pd for mine, also. All the formats are included and you can choose how many you want to be displayed. Since I use .pes, it is easier to only have that format displayed---then I know an icon must be re-formatted. Many people swear by SewIconz, and you can get a 30 day free trial of that one.

Ccorazone 01-27-2013 06:43 AM

I'm not sure which software you are using, but I think after your design is on the computer screen, you should be able to go to File then Print a copy of your design.

Rose Marie 01-28-2013 06:46 AM

Embroidery is so complicated of a learning curve. I bought a cheap machine just for redwork designs.
When I download designs I just print out a copy of what Im buying so I can match it with the codes that download on my computer. Dont need a color chart for redwork so this is just a simple way to keep track of my designs.