Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/machine-embroidery-t191151.html)

jfkquilts 06-08-2012 04:35 AM

Machine Embroidery

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone here into machine embroidery? I 'think' I've attached a pic. I love 'In The Hoop' (ITH) designs like this one from Embroidery Garden. Am looking for more if anyone knows of any. Thanks!
Joan
in TN

mpspeedy 06-08-2012 05:00 AM

I actually own two embroidery machines. In the past I used them at least weekly. The first I purchased almost 20 years ago. I am a full bosumed mature woman and everything I eat seems to land right there. The majority of the embroidery I have done in the last several years is on the front of my tops to help hide stains that just wouldn't come out. I also decorate T shirts and sweat shirts as family gifts. I did make a queen size quilt for my own bed with all blocks that I embroidered with my machine. I haven't tried any of the projects like the one you posted. I do own a large collection of design cards and CDs, many of which I haven't even got around to using. I also have a huge collection of embroidery threads.

faykilgore 06-08-2012 05:02 AM

There's an entire thread of QB members who machine embroider. You would probably enjoy reading their posts. I love your owl!

Ccorazone 06-08-2012 06:02 AM

I do machine embroidery and have lots of designs for In The Hoop. I have gotten most of them from
www.smartneedle.com
They have very whimsical designs you might enjoy. Be sure to look for their free ones. Send PM and we can maybe discuss a trade.

sharon b 06-08-2012 06:03 AM

Also Embroidery Library has great designs and sales all the time :)

Nanamoms 06-08-2012 06:25 AM

I also do machine embroidery but haven't tried any ITH designs yet. There are many, many designs on different embroidery groups. The ones mentioned are great. There's also more...just google "In the Hoop Designs" and you will find plenty!! Probably more than you ever knew existed!!

grocifer 06-08-2012 07:03 AM

Where might one find this thread -- I haven't done much machine embroidery since getting so involved in quilting. This might give me a nudge.

Originally Posted by faykilgore (Post 5273542)
There's an entire thread of QB members who machine embroider. You would probably enjoy reading their posts. I love your owl!

Ccorazone 06-08-2012 09:50 AM

It's in this same thread, titled "Embroidery Machines Let's Chat and Have Fun". It moves around depending on when people respond to a post.

SandyFay 06-09-2012 06:06 AM

I love machine embroidery and have done several ITH designs. There is a site called cuteembroidery.com that I get lots of free embroidery designs including ITH...one very similar to your owl design. Check it out, I think you'll like it!

Elainequilts 06-09-2012 07:26 AM

Thanks to Ccorazone for the wonderful site info. Definitely requires more looking at another day.