Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Manners? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/manners-t147219.html)

auntiehenno 08-24-2011 09:48 PM

Always. Another question--How many gifts have you sent in the past year and never received a thank you? If one spends the time and energy to send a gift, I believe a thank you is in order.

sewnsewer2 08-25-2011 02:13 AM

Yes, we do even my 4 yo DGD does.

mjsylvstr 08-25-2011 06:39 AM

I do and I appreciate it when others do also.......

but don't you just love it when you are exiting (seniors, that is) and someone pushes right in front of you...and almost knocks you over and then you get a look from them because you were in their way....

Oh well, do you think some of the younger generation ever heard of Emily Post??? lololol

Quilterfay 08-25-2011 11:19 AM

I think a big part of it is that parents are so worn out with high stress jobs that they don't take the time to install manners in their children. Just like most of us never took the time to play with our children every often. Or at least I didn't I play more with my grandchildren than I ever did my sons. Sad to say that but it is true.

Debra Mc 08-25-2011 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
I do and I appreciate it when others do also.......

but don't you just love it when you are exiting (seniors, that is) and someone pushes right in front of you...and almost knocks you over and then you get a look from them because you were in their way....

Oh well, do you think some of the younger generation ever heard of Emily Post??? lololol

A little smart "A" brat nearly knocked my mother down in Taco Bell & then turned around & laughed. I wish I had been there. Somebody would have heard about it.
I also quit going to a certain doctor because the SOB wouldn't look me in the eye. I hate it when people don't have the curtosity to even look you in the face. I didn't really like him anyway.

PMY in QCA-IL 08-25-2011 02:47 PM

If someone "forgets" to thank me (for holding door, etc.) I say "You're welcome" in a friendly manner - and usually get a belated "Oh, thank you", of course sometimes it's just a strange look instead!!

Quiltinggma-nc 08-25-2011 03:52 PM

Yes I thank someone for holding the door and does my DH and my son. Sometimes I will hold it for someone and they don't but generally they do.

janquilts'ncrochets 08-25-2011 04:43 PM

Always!

sarahrachel 08-25-2011 05:19 PM

yup. my parents taught me and my brother well. and we hold doors for people and look someone in the eye when giving a hand shake. because I've been told a good handshake goes a long way. my parents have had complements on how polite we are from great uncles and people at church. the two of us just see it as what you do, not going out of our way. guess it was how we were raised.

Debra Mc 08-26-2011 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by janquilts'ncrochets
Always!

Oh my gosh your avatar picture is awesome. Did you make it?