Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   March 2014 Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/march-2014-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t242207.html)

QuilterMomma 03-04-2014 09:04 PM

Do acupuncture then, will so help and eliminates those headaches!!!!! When my migraine starts, that is where I head immediately. Gone when I leave!

irishrose 03-05-2014 10:04 AM

lauriejo, I had a myofascial massage last week. The therapist is convinced it's the way to go with fibromyalgia. I think he was waiting for a client with fibro to work on. It helped tremendously for three days so I am going again tomorrow. He also gets to work on my torn rotator cuff.

My weight is only down a pound. There will be no batiks for me if don't change that. BTW, Congratulations, QuilterMomma, on last month's loss.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.

lauriejo 03-05-2014 03:48 PM

Boy I sure wish I could afford to get regular massages. They have really helped in the past, but only for a few days. I am going to look into the acupuncture, it sounds like it doesn't have to be done as often.

Apparently living on a diet of pain meds and cold meds is an excellent diet plan. I am down 4 pounds for this month! Of course those are new pounds, I just found them last month.

lynnie 03-05-2014 05:08 PM

hopefully will join in May. I'm going on a cruise on April 22.
my trick, I love icecream sundaes. I make mini ones on a teaspoon, hence the name, teaspoon sundae. a little bit of peanut butter and a teaspoon of icecream ( or chocolate yogurt). Yummy.

QuilterMomma 03-06-2014 08:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought you might like some humor.

QuilterMomma 03-06-2014 08:47 AM

Can't stand it when I find those new pounds.

lauriejo 03-06-2014 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 6612274)
Thought you might like some humor.

Socks must be the reason I always weigh more at the doctor's office!

meanmom 03-07-2014 09:16 AM

The LQS is trying to kill me. I am trying to use up my stash. I got an email from them today of 2 new fabric lines they just got in. I want it all. Zanadu by Evelyn Mowder for P&B textiles and palindromes by Paula Nadelstern. Oh my they are so gorgeous. Heading there shortly. I hope I can control myself.

createfourpaws 03-07-2014 04:11 PM

I was at the doctor today and was up 11 lbs in 2 weeks since having to take predisone. UGH I am feeling it in all my joints, very painful. I am working on taking that weight off and more I want to win these beautiful batiks. I will take a picture of them and try to post them tomorrow.

lauriejo 03-07-2014 10:09 PM

Oh Cindy prednisone is so not fun. And definitely not fun to watch all those lovely fabrics arrive and then have to mail them away lol.

We finally had a beautiful day today, temperature in the 50's and I had so much planned. Never make plans, it is asking for trouble. I spent the entire day sitting in the ER with my dad. He lives in an independent living facility (has Alzheimer's) and had an irrational, and violent, episode. So their policy is to transport them to the ER and make sure nothing physical has happened. They took blood, did a chest xray, did an EKG and a CT scan but found nothing wrong. Hopefully it was just an isolated incident. He was calm and cooperative the whole day while we were there fortunately. But now I am paying for all those hours in a hard chair.