Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Marshmallow Peeps (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/marshmallow-peeps-t108886.html)

Quiltbeagle 03-20-2011 06:33 AM

Yellow peeps rule! But they have to be left out for a day or two so they're not so soft.

BettyM 03-20-2011 06:42 AM

Love them! But I agree, I tried some red Valentines ones and they were not good!

javin22 03-20-2011 07:08 AM

I love peeps! I had a chocolate covered one yesterday. I like any color peeps. But my favorite is the flavored peeps they put out at Valentines. The Strawberry cream and the Vanilla Cream. I also like the Orange Cream that they have at Halloween. I don't like the gingerbread flavor ones they make at Christmas though. I like that they are making more colors of peeps for Easter. They have a rainbow of peeps now. So pretty.

Barbshobbies 03-20-2011 07:25 AM

We have so many memories of peeps. How they were eaten by the wrong person, unually Grandpa. I would love to see peeps on quilting material, it would make nice baby or young childs quilts.

angieh1964 03-20-2011 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
Not me but a friend stocks up on them opens the packages and lets them get hard!

i like them that way too. the other thing i like for easter in cadbury eggs i love grossing out the husband and his sister with them lol!

handquilter 03-20-2011 07:27 AM

My husband just loved the yellow peeps.I would buy them and put them by his chair.He would eat them when he watched T.V. Handquilter

MarieM 03-20-2011 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
I love marshmallow peeps, only the yellow ones. For some reason, the other colors taste different. I don't know of anyone else that likes the peeps. When I buy them and friends are around they gag, say they are too sweet to eat. What? No such thing as too sweet?
Yesterday, I saw and bought chocolate covered peeps. They, too, are good but in a different way. When I think of Easter peeps, I want yellow peeps. I don't care for the marshmallow bunnies or anything else, just peeps.
Does anyone else like peeps?

I too love Peeps. Have you tried them roasted? It is like the burnt sugar on creme burlee, it is wonderful. I also tried tried one of the new chocolate covered Peeps, it was ok but they should have left the sugar on the Peep then dipped it in the chocolate.

Marie M.

crowley7 03-20-2011 07:54 AM

I'm with you. I like them better when they are a little hard. Believe it or not my 2 dogs love marshmallows. They will do anything to get them. 1 is a golden and the other is lab mix.

joyce888 03-20-2011 08:00 AM

I like the chocolate covered marshmallow rabbits (Brachs, purple foil, 8 to-a-box). They're probably the cheapist chocolate and cheapist marshmallow but I love them - UNTIL I tried Russell Stover. Now I'm in a dilemma; quantity or quality :lol:

catrancher 03-20-2011 08:20 AM

I am a sugar fiend. Nothing is too sweet or gooky for me.