Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Medium is Over and I Have a Broken Heart (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/medium-over-i-have-broken-heart-t93005.html)

toomanycats 01-23-2011 05:54 AM

I was kinda shocked when they ended medium. I am confused here. Didn't she die and come back as a ghost last year? I remember seeing her wake and her walking around. Then it came back on another network only to be ended this year? I missed the first half of the season this year. I didn't know how they explained her being dead at the end of last year. No, the networks just can't leave a good clean show alone. We detest the reality shows. Most are so fake and plain stupid. We don't watch much tv anymore.

Maride 01-23-2011 06:39 AM

Personally I dislike shows like that, but I have heard from many people that liked Medium, that they also like The Closer. Totally different, but apparently also well written and clean.

toomanycats 01-23-2011 08:13 AM

Yeah, I had forgotten the closer. We like that show too but I read where it is also ending. A show is usually good the first season or two then it has to be tweaked to make it better and it usually makes it worse or it deviates from the base that it started as. Oh, time for me to go feed the horses and heifers. A couple are getting close to being shut up. Ahhhhh, the joys of calving out in the middle of the night ..... the drama beats any tv show!

Ditter43 01-23-2011 08:16 AM

I also watched the final show last night. I have watched every episode and watched those girls grow up on the show. I loved the family dynamics the show had. I will miss it. They were almost like family..... :-(

lvaughan 01-23-2011 08:23 AM

Didn't really watch Medium, I try to catch all of the Closer episodes, didn't know they will be ending the show. Do you know when it will end?

EagarBeez 01-23-2011 08:39 AM

I liked Ghost Wisperer also, but, didn't care for the part where Jim was reincarnated in someone else's body, but, overall, I never missed an episode

cathyvv 01-23-2011 08:42 AM

Yeah, I was surprised by Medium finale. It was a fun show, very family oriented, dealt with moral issues in a real world way.

But it was on a long time. Maybe the writers and actors got tired of doing the show.

We can probably buy a box set of each season and watch it whenever we want!

nativetexan 01-23-2011 08:48 AM

well i missed it! rats. oh well.
re: Ghost Whisperer-why does she wear so much mascara or fake eyelashes?? her eyes look so heavy with all that on.

luvstitches 01-23-2011 08:55 AM

I watched Medium all the time and was so sad to see the show come to an end. I don't watch much TV but that show I really did enjoy.

LadybugPam 01-23-2011 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by emsgranny
Maybe we should send in a pilot for a day in the life of a quilter and fabric addicts. We could combine a bunch of reality shows all rolled into one!! Rehab for fabric addicts, hoarders, clean house and the drama shows for when quilting infringes on families daily lives. Like when they may not get dinner at same time every nite

not enough drama ... quilters are so sweet