Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Members names and what they mean (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/members-names-what-they-mean-t262055.html)

M cubed 03-03-2015 03:59 PM

Our family is full of M's - mostly michaels. Grandfather, husband, son and me (Margaret, even though I go by Peggy) so it was easy to use all nine of the M's to come up with my user name. The avatar is to recognize the one son whose name does not start with an M.

sunny42539 03-03-2015 04:13 PM

My name sunny42539 is nothing special. Just happened to be sunny that day and my zip is 42539

decky 03-03-2015 04:13 PM

Neighbor called my husband Decky and I couldn't think of any other name. I also go by birdieone42 on other sites. I live by the golf course and live on Birdie Lane and the number is the year I was born. Yep that makes me 73, but I sure don't feel like I'm that old.

Three Dog Night 03-03-2015 04:45 PM

If you look closely at my picture you'll see all three dogs; Lucky (black lab), Solomon (Irish Setter) and in the back Bailey (Irish Setter). Being a child of the 70's Three Dog Night just seemed to fit. Bailey passed over the rainbow bridge 3 years ago but as you lovers of furbabies know she's always with me.

teacherbailey 03-03-2015 05:05 PM

My nickname since birth is Dotty and I hate it too. I'm teacherbailey on here since my last name is Bailey and I'm.....well......you know. For 6 more years and then I'll have to invent a new name.

QuiltNama 03-03-2015 05:06 PM

My oldest GD always called me Nama, and when I was sewing she would stand by the sewing machine and sing a little tune she made up...SewNama, SewNama, SewNama over and over again, so that is how my name came about.
Brenda

QuiltNama 03-03-2015 05:09 PM

When I joined the quiltingboard, I decided to change it to QuiltNama. I did not realize I had forgot the rest before I hit send.

madamekelly 03-03-2015 05:21 PM

My board name came about because of a web site that used to have you put your name in, and it would give you a fake english title. Mine came out "Lady Madam Kelly of Puddleston St. Droop". So that got shortened to madamekelly. I have since learned that I am not the only madamekelly online. My madamekelly has all lower case letters. The other one uses "Madamekelly" with a capital M, but she really is a "madam" somewhere in Paris. Lol!

wildyard 03-03-2015 05:33 PM

Before I moved to NY, I was a Master Gardener in Ohio and one of my specialties was gardening for wildlife. Now that I am disabled, I am having to let my well manicured flower beds become wild patches with as little maintenance as possible. Either way, I am in favor and promote having a wild yard!!!
One of the promotions I fell for and bought both the tshirt and the sweatshirt, lol, says, "Is your backyard wild yet?" I can definitely answer YES!!

Robinlee 03-03-2015 06:18 PM

My first and middle name.....I can hear my mom yelling for me when I hear others use it.