Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Membories - (Member Memories) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/membories-member-memories-t23461.html)

Darlene 07-30-2009 11:29 AM

I have only been a member here six months but I feel like I know a lot of you. There are people I can count on to make me laugh (Teri) and people who are so nice to everybody (most of you). Also I never dreamed I would have as many posts as I do in this short of time. But it is easy to get around on here and things are laid out well. I belong to about 15 forums on crochet and quilting. This one is my favorite - really. LOL
All I can say is to the moderators and admin's keep up the good work. Quilters unite and get to sewing. :wink:

MadQuilter 07-30-2009 01:00 PM

Haven't been here long but "playing on the QB" is a must!

Sorry but I can't pick a favorite part.

I love the fact that there is room for every level of quilting expertise.
I love that no question is dismissed, even if it had been asked before.
I love the humor (some comments have me laughing out loud) and the cameraderie.
I love the motivation through other's pictures and suggestions.
I love learning - and not just quilty things.
I love the generosity of the members and the willingness to help out.
I love that it is an international group initially connected by our craft but in the end, we share so much more.
I love that there are men on the QB - it breaks the stereotype of the female domain.
I love that the occasional dispute is handled in a respectful manner and everyone returns to the playground once the tiff is over.

I have not met any other QB members but we have a healthy contingent in Northern California. It would be great to hook up sometime.

Minda 07-30-2009 01:54 PM

I think the day I joined was the first day it went online. My registration date is Nov 18, 2006.

Does anyone remember when it was only a live chat before the online quilt board?

I love all of the help and information available from the members. Everyone seems so willing to offer help and suggestions whenever they can help. It's like having friends all over the world. :D

Bevanger 07-30-2009 02:21 PM

I joined last year in May. I wanted to quilt, yet scared I'd look & feel dumb with these quilters. But not one made me feel that way. I was encouraged. And I loved it. I only met one gal in person and she was a sweetheart. I love this board as I've made alot of friends here

bearpaw 07-30-2009 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
Happy Anniversary Vicki! :D

Thanks K! :D

Marcia 07-30-2009 06:35 PM

Happy Anniversary Loretta and Vicki!!

I LOVE this board. Though I have only met a few of the members in person (Dawn Hendrix, tnjacke and Patrice) I have made SOOOO many friends here. Everyone is so warm and friendly. Hugs to all you, my friends :D

sharon b 07-30-2009 08:47 PM

Since it is after midnight here it is officially my one year anniversary also :lol: As for my favorite part, hard to pick, well ok , Mare Stare ! I enjoy everyone here and have learned so much from everyone.

I love the exchanges that Shadow has done
I love the fat quarters guesses for Mare Stare
The Secret Santa, boy was that a tough one for me 8) Bur so much fun
The friendliness on the board is unbeatable
The wealth of information on every subject

Hey THANKS Admin , moderators and well everyone here for being so terrific :lol: :D :lol:
Sharon

k3n 07-31-2009 12:08 AM

Here here Sharon and happy anniversary!

Well put Martina - I second every thing you said!

PrettyKitty 07-31-2009 12:18 AM

Wow, I have been here just over a year, when I joined looking for advice on my first ever quilt. And boy did I get it! Advice, encouragement, praise, admiration, no wonder I'm still here!

I have learnt SEW much from everyone about quilting and sewing. I too feel like you guys are my friends! Due working away from home for years, I have very few friends locally, so really love coming on here and reading about what everyone has been up to.

I have loved taking part in the swap, Easter and Xmas exchanges, and have even now got a 'Cheeto's Angel' - Loretta, who sends me Cheetos (and yes Loretta, the two bags that arrived last week have all gone!).

I just hope everyone's not tired of my cat pics and stories! :wink:

Barbm 07-31-2009 04:34 AM

I've been here over a year. When I joined I wondered what I could contribute. I've certainly gotten my share of "taking"- the knowledge I've gained is incredible.

I love the pics of everyone's homes- mini vacations, I call them.
I love mare stare, the swaps, the births, cry along with the sadness and say LOTS of prayers.

Received a few squishies along the way, sent a few too. Built my stash incredibly- way back when I never thought I would have enough to do scrap quilts. Thanks to the sales, I have 12 tubs of fabric (yikes!). I have tons of ideas and never enough time to sew.

I check out the board every morning to see how everyone is, wish I had time to post to everything. Even if I don't post, I always send good wishes and prayers (sometimes it's too difficult to put into words how one feels) but I "feel" so attached to all of you here. Many friends that I would hope to meet someday.

I truly appreciate the board, admin and moderators for all the work you do. Thank you so much!