Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Membories - (Member Memories)

Blog Entries
    This isn't a new question, but it's always fun to read the answers whenever it comes up.

I joined the board a few days after it went online and have been here ever since. I've met bazillions of great people. I've even become very close to some; have visited a few in person; and made special places in my hard little heart for more than i can count.

How 'bout the rest of you? Can you remember when you joined? Have you met any of the others in person? What's your favorite thing about being a member?

I joined just a few months after the board came to be and I love it!
    As for friends...there are a few online that I DO know in person, Machel, for one. Then there's also a couple others that aren't too active anymore because life has gotten in their way.
    But, I have made MANY online friendships, and cherish all of them.
    Many have helped make my life here on the pebble bearable. There will be trips to visit many when I finally get back to the states and YES, Patrice, YOU will be in my path of travel. :)
    There are those that I do talk to on the phone once in a while WHEN the time difference is right. lol
    But, all in all....this is a great place to sit, visit and just have a great time! It's FAMILY!!!

I've been here just over a year but scoped it out for months before signing up. Yes I was lerking. 8)

I joined at the end of last year and feel I am close to a lot of the members of the board even though I have not knowingly met any in person yet. Hope to actually meet some in the future because there are so many people I would like to get to know better, and am on dial up so I don't get to chat!

Happy Anniversary, Loretta! :D :D

I joined in March of last year, after lurking for well over 6 months :oops: I've watched so much go on - I have an extended family here! I've met a few in person, too (but the world really won't be the same after jbsstrawberry and I meet up in Des Moines in October!!!)

I've sat here at my computer screen all through that time and said one for those hurting; marveled at the creations I've seen; gotten and given help more times than I can count; and have laughed so hard that one member (who shall remain a nameless berry :D ) offered to send me stock in Sham-Wow to protect my 'puter :lol: :lol: I've seen a mare foal and quilters celebrating when things go right. I've seen old friends work for balance.

I ask ya, where else could I get all of that - here in the middle of small town Iowa? :lol:

k3n
    Blog Entries
    What a GREAT thread!!!

I haven't been here very long but it's become a big part of my life as a 'foreignor' in France! I do have friends locally including one who quilts and introduced me to the Board but I'm a real 'homebody' - sewing, gardening and family are pretty much my life and it's great to have this link with the big wide world!

I was sewing and quilting from a little girl but this board has expanded my horizons in the past few months more than any other influence in the rest of my life BQ (Before Quiltingboard! :wink: ) I've got into machine piecing and quilting, One Block Wonders, miniatures and a load of other techniques all as a result of the inspiration I've found here. I also received boundless positivity and encouragement from day one when I first posted pics of my stuff.

I've made real friends here, though I've not yet actually met anyone but hope to one day! The great thing is that a passion for quilting is the thing that 'binds' us (pun intended!) but the atmosphere here is so much more like a family (the best kind!) and we all support and encourage each other through the ups and downs of life - too schmalzy? Don't care! :D

I quit smoking in February a year ago and started quilting. I found this board and started out lurking. The beautiful work here amazed me.......totally fell in love with the Geisha fabric that Terri bought online and shared. My addiction began........and I still don't smoke.

I'm still having a hard time cutting into that fabric, Terri and not only that, I have a collection of those Geisha's now.......LOL. Fell in love with the Fujiyama collections.

Thanks! :lol:

Hey - I just realized that today is my first anniversary here! This is a great board! I belonged to another before I found this one, and haven't gone back since. Nothing against them, but this board is so much friendlier. It's really fun to communicate with members from other countries. And the advice on this board is great. I know it's been said many times before, but you really do learn something new on this board everyday. It's also great to be able to post pictures of something you just completed and have the supportive feedback that everyone gives!

Well, Patrice, I joined the day after you did, but I didn't know it had just came about. Actually, I just happened on it and so glad I did. Love it here, the nicest folks are on this board, helpful, compassionate, etc. :lol: :lol:
    Haven't met any, but maybe someday. :P

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Happy Anniversary Vicki! :D

I have only been a member here six months but I feel like I know a lot of you. There are people I can count on to make me laugh (Teri) and people who are so nice to everybody (most of you). Also I never dreamed I would have as many posts as I do in this short of time. But it is easy to get around on here and things are laid out well. I belong to about 15 forums on crochet and quilting. This one is my favorite - really. LOL
    All I can say is to the moderators and admin's keep up the good work. Quilters unite and get to sewing. :wink:

Blog Entries
    Haven't been here long but "playing on the QB" is a must!

Sorry but I can't pick a favorite part.

I love the fact that there is room for every level of quilting expertise.
    I love that no question is dismissed, even if it had been asked before.
    I love the humor (some comments have me laughing out loud) and the cameraderie.
    I love the motivation through other's pictures and suggestions.
    I love learning - and not just quilty things.
    I love the generosity of the members and the willingness to help out.
    I love that it is an international group initially connected by our craft but in the end, we share so much more.
    I love that there are men on the QB - it breaks the stereotype of the female domain.
    I love that the occasional dispute is handled in a respectful manner and everyone returns to the playground once the tiff is over.

I have not met any other QB members but we have a healthy contingent in Northern California. It would be great to hook up sometime.

I think the day I joined was the first day it went online. My registration date is Nov 18, 2006.

Does anyone remember when it was only a live chat before the online quilt board?

I love all of the help and information available from the members. Everyone seems so willing to offer help and suggestions whenever they can help. It's like having friends all over the world. :D

Banned
    I joined last year in May. I wanted to quilt, yet scared I'd look & feel dumb with these quilters. But not one made me feel that way. I was encouraged. And I loved it. I only met one gal in person and she was a sweetheart. I love this board as I've made alot of friends here

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Happy Anniversary Vicki! :D
    Thanks K! :D

Happy Anniversary Loretta and Vicki!!

I LOVE this board. Though I have only met a few of the members in person (Dawn Hendrix, tnjacke and Patrice) I have made SOOOO many friends here. Everyone is so warm and friendly. Hugs to all you, my friends :D

Blog Entries
    Since it is after midnight here it is officially my one year anniversary also :lol: As for my favorite part, hard to pick, well ok , Mare Stare ! I enjoy everyone here and have learned so much from everyone.

I love the exchanges that Shadow has done
    I love the fat quarters guesses for Mare Stare
    The Secret Santa, boy was that a tough one for me 8) Bur so much fun
    The friendliness on the board is unbeatable
    The wealth of information on every subject

Hey THANKS Admin , moderators and well everyone here for being so terrific :lol: :D :lol:
    Sharon

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Here here Sharon and happy anniversary!

Well put Martina - I second every thing you said!

Wow, I have been here just over a year, when I joined looking for advice on my first ever quilt. And boy did I get it! Advice, encouragement, praise, admiration, no wonder I'm still here!

I have learnt SEW much from everyone about quilting and sewing. I too feel like you guys are my friends! Due working away from home for years, I have very few friends locally, so really love coming on here and reading about what everyone has been up to.

I have loved taking part in the swap, Easter and Xmas exchanges, and have even now got a 'Cheeto's Angel' - Loretta, who sends me Cheetos (and yes Loretta, the two bags that arrived last week have all gone!).

I just hope everyone's not tired of my cat pics and stories! :wink:

I've been here over a year. When I joined I wondered what I could contribute. I've certainly gotten my share of "taking"- the knowledge I've gained is incredible.

I love the pics of everyone's homes- mini vacations, I call them.
    I love mare stare, the swaps, the births, cry along with the sadness and say LOTS of prayers.

Received a few squishies along the way, sent a few too. Built my stash incredibly- way back when I never thought I would have enough to do scrap quilts. Thanks to the sales, I have 12 tubs of fabric (yikes!). I have tons of ideas and never enough time to sew.

I check out the board every morning to see how everyone is, wish I had time to post to everything. Even if I don't post, I always send good wishes and prayers (sometimes it's too difficult to put into words how one feels) but I "feel" so attached to all of you here. Many friends that I would hope to meet someday.

I truly appreciate the board, admin and moderators for all the work you do. Thank you so much!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbm
    I've been here over a year. When I joined I wondered what I could contribute. I've certainly gotten my share of "taking"- the knowledge I've gained is incredible.

I love the pics of everyone's homes- mini vacations, I call them.
    I love mare stare, the swaps, the births, cry along with the sadness and say LOTS of prayers.

Received a few squishies along the way, sent a few too. Built my stash incredibly- way back when I never thought I would have enough to do scrap quilts. Thanks to the sales, I have 12 tubs of fabric (yikes!). I have tons of ideas and never enough time to sew.

I check out the board every morning to see how everyone is, wish I had time to post to everything. Even if I don't post, I always send good wishes and prayers (sometimes it's too difficult to put into words how one feels) but I "feel" so attached to all of you here. Many friends that I would hope to meet someday.

I truly appreciate the board, admin and moderators for all the work you do. Thank you so much!
    I feel the same way. Every Morning I walk away with a big smile on my face. I love seeing what others made. Ok I can't beat ya on the stash part, butI love my angels that have helped me along the way.

I've only been here a few months, but I can't tell you HOW much I've enjoyed this group. I'm not really big into "joining" groups.. but who could resist this bunch...
    I've already gained 2 "sisters".. and met one of them, Sidmona, and her DH in person.
    I've talked to a couple of others on the phone. Gotten squishies from a few, sent a few squishies out and have a few more in the works to go out.
    I think I'd be lost without my morning chat fix.. Red Bull just isn't the same without y'all. Oh, and I'm being dragged kicking and screaming into the 20th century of quilting by some.....rofl...

I have been a member for only 18 months. I loved it from day one. I havn't met anyone yet but it is only a matter of time. When the 2 of us can get to meet. We live only a few miles apart. This board helped me come out of a hard time. Now I just enjoy. I have learned more about quilting on this online guild than I have on the one I go to whenever I can go to it. :lol: Thank you for everything.
    BillsBonBon

I've been here for 17 months and what a ride! I've learned so much from all of you and really love reading about what everyone is doing. I've met two members and hope to meet more in the future. You are a very inspiring bunch!!

Blog Entries
    I joined the first time Jan or Feb 07...lost my computer :roll: and had to rejoin/new name in July 07.

My favorite thing about the board is the members! The caring, sharing, friendliness, willingness to help, I could not have come across a better group of people and I appreciate being able to be here, every day!!!

I hope someday to get to meet some members in person, but I already feel as though I know many here very well...it does indeed feel like I am a part of a quilty family!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast