View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 09:58 AM
k3n
Power Poster

What a GREAT thread!!!

I haven't been here very long but it's become a big part of my life as a 'foreignor' in France! I do have friends locally including one who quilts and introduced me to the Board but I'm a real 'homebody' - sewing, gardening and family are pretty much my life and it's great to have this link with the big wide world!

I was sewing and quilting from a little girl but this board has expanded my horizons in the past few months more than any other influence in the rest of my life BQ (Before Quiltingboard! :wink: ) I've got into machine piecing and quilting, One Block Wonders, miniatures and a load of other techniques all as a result of the inspiration I've found here. I also received boundless positivity and encouragement from day one when I first posted pics of my stuff.

I've made real friends here, though I've not yet actually met anyone but hope to one day! The great thing is that a passion for quilting is the thing that 'binds' us (pun intended!) but the atmosphere here is so much more like a family (the best kind!) and we all support and encourage each other through the ups and downs of life - too schmalzy? Don't care! :D