Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Membories - (Member Memories) >

Membories - (Member Memories)

Membories - (Member Memories)

Old 08-06-2009, 08:18 PM

I have been on here for just over a year. I have really enjoyed the inspiration and ideas and friendship that I have found here. This is the first, and only so far, message board and/or chat room I have ever visited. You all are so much fun and have so much wisdom in many areas of life.
So far I have met two other board members just 2 weeks ago at the Long Beach International Quilt Festival. I am looking forward to meeting others at Road to California in January.
Participating in a couple of the exchanges has been fun. This has been a wonderful experience for me!
Thank you all so much for being such great peoples.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:21 AM
Power Poster

Boy...this board has been lots of things to me. I lurked for awhile...I'm really a shy person (stop laughing!!)...then finally got the nerve to join. I was looking for somewhere to give me quilting tips. I didn't know how to sew, let alone quilt! Gosh...I found the right place! The encouragement and support I found here along with the answers has made me into someone who is obsessed with quilting!

I've made friends everywhere..I may or maynot ever get to meet them (in person)..but that doesn't matter...I feel like I know them far better than some of my neighbors and friends right down the street.

Thanks for being part of my day...everyday!!!
Old 08-07-2009, 04:55 AM

It always amazes me that this is the first thing I do in the morning and usually the last thing I do before going to bed! I love checking in and seeing how things are going with everyone! I have been a member for almost a year, not quite, and have loved every minute of it! I have done thigs I never thought I would have the nerve to try! All thanks to this board! I have people around me that are floored with the swaps I have been in and where some of the things are from! They have been to leery of trying new things! I have told so many people about how great everyone here is!
I can only hope to meet some of the great people that I talk to here! Maybe someday!!!

Kendra
Old 08-07-2009, 09:10 AM

well I got here from the newsletter but I can't remember how I found the newsletter. I lurked a few days, didn't feel like I had anything to offer but lots to learn. On a thread I saw that Patrice mentioned printing her own fabric for her grandmother's flower garden, I had to join so I could ask her how she does that, been here ever since, daily, sometimes I don't have much time to spend here but I always check the pictures first to see what everybody is doing.
I thought I joined a longarm board, but when someone posts something it comes to me in an email, don't like it and am trying to figure out how to unjoin! :roll:
Old 08-08-2009, 03:27 PM

I got here the same way as Kathy in the early part of '07. I used to just click on the links in the newsletter and read whatever was there and some of the comments. Then one day I discovered all that stuff at the top of the page (hadn't paid atterntion before) and thought I would check out some. Boy did that open a can of worms-a good can though. After lurking for quite some time, I got brave and posted my first reply, timidly I might add. Now, I am totally hooked. I enjoy seeing peoples quilts, their pets, family, esp. new additions, their countryside and yes, their weddings!!! There is so much talent here and everyone is so supportive. I have learned new things, and found even more quilts I want to make. I have laughed so hard some times I feel silly being alone at night and laughing my head off. I have spent some time on other boards and prefer this to any others.