Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Michael Jackson has died? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/michael-jackson-has-died-t21820.html)

sandpat 06-25-2009 04:42 PM

Yes, there will be a media blitz about Michael. You'd think they could focus on the more positive side...he was truly an artist!

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 06-25-2009 05:26 PM

I'm a huge MJ fan, I'm so sad right now.
I don't care how many people say he is a nut case, he will always be a formidable artist and entertainer. I would have LOVED to have been able to see him in concert.

:(

earthwalker 06-25-2009 05:54 PM

Very sad to lose two such talents...they seem so young, but I guess that's because I'm heading toward 50 at a gallop. I worked out at the gymn to Michael's music and avidly watched Charlie's Angels when I was younger (along with the Bionic Woman), it was great to see "girl power" in action...seems like today I'm in a reminiscing mood...I'm heading off after my coffee to the CWA Op shop...saw some cool retro cotton curtains that are calling out to be made into a quilt.

I hope they both find peace and happiness wherever they may be now....

sewaholic 06-25-2009 06:02 PM

I am also a MJ fan. Yes he had some problems but he was and will remain one of the greatest artists in the music industry. I'm sure al lot of his antics were just publicity stunts anyway.

amma 06-25-2009 06:06 PM

I just heard that they are doing an autopsy to determine the cause of death, his family at the hospital did not know that he was dead while they were giving an update to the press about his condition, and that no one knew anything about a pre-existing condition.
The family is supposed to be making an official statement soon. :(

sharon b 06-25-2009 08:46 PM

Rough day for the Jackson family. So sad for everyone else. No matter what else he was an awesome entertainer
Sharon

cynde 06-25-2009 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
I'm a huge MJ fan, I'm so sad right now.
I don't care how many people say he is a nut case, he will always be a formidable artist and entertainer. I would have LOVED to have been able to see him in concert.

:(

No argument here he was an amazing artist and entertainer, which I think is what made him eccentric (nut case). I don't think anyone can handle that kind of fame and public exposure and not lose touch with reality. Look at Elvis and Brittany too, same problem.

I just wonder when all the faked death rumours will start to surface.

tlrnhi 06-25-2009 09:55 PM

I was watching BBC America this morning and they reported that he had died. Was about 8am my time, which is about 6pm EST

PrettyKitty 06-25-2009 11:16 PM

Woke up to the news of his passing on the radio this morning here in the UK. So sad. I felt so sad, then they played 'You Are Not ALone' on the radio and I lost it, had a few tears.

k3n 06-25-2009 11:58 PM

My God - I haven't had TV or radio on so just got the news here from you guys - what a shock! I was an eighties teenageer so he was a real big part of my music scene. I remember when the video to Thriller came out we all sat up til 1am to see it because the BBC thought it too shocking to be shown any earlier; he was a great talent but I fear a very sad individual, twisted by his upbringing and subsequent life. I hope he is at peace now; it will be hard to avoid the media autopsies of his life that are bound to follow - but I'll try to.