Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   migraine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/migraine-t133423.html)

sawsan 06-27-2011 01:44 AM

How u make it easier :-( I know it is difficult but did u try any thing near the pain killer, quite place, no TV, no computer, wet cloth, hot shower may be must cold one i don't know, a cup of dry mint works sometimes not this time.
What is your experience
It's bad :(

antiquegirl68 06-27-2011 02:01 AM

I had to get a prescription in a shot form and it has been a couple of years ago and I am not use what it was called. The shots worked though. Hope you feel better soon.

donnajean 06-27-2011 02:29 AM

Have you tried Excedrin - before the headache gets bad. Also, I have far fewer headaches since I retired & now drink a lot more water.

Painiacs 06-27-2011 02:38 AM

Good luck n!!

Diana Lynne 06-27-2011 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by sawsan
How u make it easier :-( I know it is difficult but did u try any thing near the pain killer, quite place, no TV, no computer, wet cloth, hot shower may be must cold one i don't know, a cup of dry mint works sometimes not this time.
What is your experience
It's bad :(

Try some Excedrin for Migraines..They work great..Sure hope your headache is gone away soon..

Jennifer22206 06-27-2011 03:33 AM

Excedrin doesn't work for my migraines, but then again I'm a chronic migraine sufferer. If I sip a bit of ginger ale and put hot steaming water in a bowl and put my head over it with a towel on top of my head and breathe in the steam, sometimes that relieves it.

Otherwise, only time for me.

AlwaysQuilting 06-27-2011 03:46 AM

I get them too (since I was 11). They're awful. I know exactly how you're feeling. I don't have any secret weapon. I hope you're feeling better by now.

frauhahn 06-27-2011 03:49 AM

I had them for years. I found that the prescription drug worked better if I took an OTC painkiller with it. Read it on line, asked the doctor and he confirmed it-it worked!

MyWifeMadeME 06-27-2011 04:16 AM

Pain Killer... quiet place... dim the lights.. Praying for you.

SparkMonkey 06-27-2011 04:45 AM

The best I can offer is my sympathies and good thoughts. :( I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. My mom was a chronic migraine sufferer (they seem to have stopped with menopause, thank you God Above) and I well remember the sadness it cast on the household when we woke up to the sound of her moaning and dry-heaving.

If it gets unbearable, your doctor will have high-octane painkillers (go to Urgent Care if your GP can't get you in quickly). They'll knock you out for a couple days but anything's better than the migraine. And in the future, the best thing is to head it off before it starts. If you feel it coming on, attack it immediately. It is so much easier to stop them if they don't get a chance to really dig their claws in.

*hugs* I hope you get some relief soon.