Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Missouri Star in NY! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/missouri-star-ny-t241754.html)

Onetomatoplant 02-22-2014 01:07 PM

Missouri Star in NY!

I went to a Jenny Doan Trunk Show this morning in Sherman, NY, and it was so much fun! She is an absolute riot and the nicest person! I enjoy watching her tutorials because she's just so unassuming and seems so real, but she was even more so in person. If you ever get a chance to see her, I highly recommend it.

kathdavis 02-22-2014 01:46 PM

I have been lucky enough to get to speak with her at their quilt shop. One time I asked about a pattern she had on display and she took me to the back room where they video and demo the pattern. Actually, she ended up demoing several patterns for a group of us. She is very down to earth. I'm so glad their business is successful. Good to see good things happening to good people. Also, it is wonderful for Hamilton, Missouri, the little town they are in.

kylenstevesmom 02-22-2014 01:57 PM

Darn I wish I would have known she was so close. I would have made a roadtrip to go and see her!

pojo 02-22-2014 01:58 PM

I wish I knew about that in Sherman New York.

EllieGirl 02-22-2014 03:17 PM

One of these days, when I can convince DH to go with me, I want to go to Hamilton, MO. My family is in St. Louis, 4 hours away. My daughters live almost 5 hours away the opposite direction. I want to make a field trip to MSQC!!

redhotnana 02-22-2014 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by EllieGirl (Post 6590287)
One of these days, when I can convince DH to go with me, I want to go to Hamilton, MO. My family is in St. Louis, 4 hours away. My daughters live almost 5 hours away the opposite direction. I want to make a field trip to MSQC!!

Ellie Girl, I live in north Alabama and visit KY often--let's get a group together and go to Hamilton!

Mommomjoann 02-24-2014 08:07 AM

We had Jenny at our quilt guild for a bow tie quilt demo. Her and Ron, her husband, were so sweet. She is really down to earth . A great day it was!

P-BurgKay 02-24-2014 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by EllieGirl (Post 6590287)

She has a lovely store, got my hubby to go with me last summer.

Onebyone 02-24-2014 10:18 AM

I travel all over without DH. I have my cell, AAA, and a good car. If you can drive then get in the car and go. Life is too short not to live it.

JanieH 02-24-2014 10:37 AM

It is so nice to know that someone you really like in their videos is really that nice! Thanks for letting us know! I envy you getting to see her and hope she will make it down Houston-way sometime!