Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   MONO!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/mono-t80222.html)

amandasgramma 12-02-2010 05:08 PM

Okay --- some of you have followed me in my path of aches and pains --- back ache, going to physical therapy, then found out by chance that I have a UTI - with NO symptoms. Doc did a blood test 2 weeks ago and in that we found out I have MONO!!!!! So THAT explains a lot!!! Holy Moly!!! NOT NOW!!!!! I have so much to do! Nothing can be done but rest and protecting your immune system.

But one word of advice --- apply for life insurance. THAT blood test started the road to finding out what was wrong. In all fairness to my doctor, I didn't complain about a lot of the symptoms.......they were the same symptoms we get as we get old!!!!! :mrgreen: Somehow, even though I'm exhausted, I FEEL a lot better -- knowing is half the cure!!!!! :thumbup:

cjomomma 12-02-2010 05:13 PM

Well my goodness Dee!! I will pray they don't find anything else wrong. You are starting to sound like my DD, everytime we turn around they find something else wrong with her. Hang in there and get better!!

karenchi 12-02-2010 05:15 PM

Oh my.....Just rest as much as you can....Feel better.

lisainmo 12-02-2010 05:17 PM

OH MY! Just rest..and take care of yourself!

Chele 12-02-2010 05:23 PM

Now who have you been kissing?!! Just teasing, I sure hope you heal quickly from the "kissing disease." Now that you know what's wrong, you'll be able to cure it.

Born2Sew 12-02-2010 05:40 PM

I'm told that Mono is going around the school here. No telling where you picked it up. Get some echinechea or however it's spelled. It will help you immune system.
Hope you feel much better before long...

Hugs...

amandasgramma 12-02-2010 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Born2Sew
I'm told that Mono is going around the school here. No telling where you picked it up. Get some echinechea or however it's spelled. It will help you immune system.
Hope you feel much better before long...

Hugs...

I was trying to remember what it was to take for the immune system...thanks -- I will get some.

OH -- yeah, kissing disease....EVERYONE in the family is kidding me about that....LOL

littlehud 12-02-2010 05:57 PM

I never would have guessed mono. Rest and get better soon.

mzsooz 12-02-2010 05:59 PM

My girls and I had mono about 4 or 5 years ago. It is NO fun. Take care of yourself and hopefully you will recover much quicker. And be careful to not let yourself get run down again in the future. My mono flares almost every year now. I've been told once you've had it that's it but that is not true. Every time it comes back I go to the dr and they test my blood and it shows it is active again.

So please take it easy. Lots of rests and liquids.

julia58 12-02-2010 06:02 PM

Get well soon. Plenty of rest for you.