Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Mother's Day Gifts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/mothers-day-gifts-t264959.html)

donac 05-08-2015 05:02 AM

I am not buying myself a Mother's Day present but I am buying myself a 60 birthday (May 29) and a retirement present. I am going to buy a Barnett lap quilt frame

misspriss 05-08-2015 05:22 AM

I gave my husband a nice "thank you" card for our three children on Mothers Day. I am blessed every day and a "I love you mom" is enough for me.

Caswews 05-08-2015 06:04 AM

The kids and adopted kids (my daughters friends from high school who adopted us a their parents) always remember us through out the year .

janjj 05-08-2015 07:45 AM

One son always sends me flowers as he lives in AZ. the others invite me to their homes or take me out to eat. Just a message or card is fine with me

LynnVT 05-08-2015 08:11 AM

Mother's Day makes me want to cry, especially when I walk past the greeting card or gift displays, since my own mother died. She and I always loved to shop together, and I feel her presence in the dressing rooms as JC Penny's, etc. Silly? Sometimes I do shop for myself around this time and in my head I talk with her about how things fit and what looks good in the mirror. My own daughters sometimes do wonderful things, like the year they got together and bought me an iPod engraved with "Thanks for listening, your favorite four." Some years one might send a gift, another a card, or even an electronic greeting or a phone call. They are all very loving and all are mothers themselves to kids or dogs. Mostly I think the holiday is promoted by retailers to make a buck. Love is an everyday thing.

donnajean 05-08-2015 08:20 AM

I'm not a mother, but I just went out and purchased a annuals for my above ground pots that supplement all my perennials. That's an advantage of being single, you buy what you want when you want.

Ms Kay 05-08-2015 08:40 AM

I picked out bloc loc rulers and had my husband and 2 children buy them for me. Other wise I would have just gotton money. This way I got what I want.

2manyhobbies 05-08-2015 03:36 PM

If I don't get myself something, I get nothing at all. I bought myself a pretty card and I'll be ordering flowers tomorrow.

Onebyone 05-08-2015 03:40 PM

I love the crazy, odd stuff I get from the kids. But yep, you bet I buy gifts for myself. A package or packages will be delivered and DH will say what is that and I say it's my (pick one) birthday, Christmas, Valentine, Mother's Day, Anniversary, gift you bought me. He says I hope you like it. I have always bought and wrapped a gift to myself for Christmas and put under the tree. I like buying myself things I want.

lucky_alf2 05-08-2015 07:50 PM

Every birthday I buy myself a gift. I also stuff my own Christmas stocking :). A few years ago hubby and I decided to try to "give less stuff" and instead "do more stuff" (things v experience). For Mothers Day we eat out and do an activity, which I choose or have input on. Last year our family saw MidSummer's Night Dream outside with dinner at the Botanical Garden. Thus year we are having brunch at an English pub and then going to the Art Museum.