Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Mother's Day Gifts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/mothers-day-gifts-t264959.html)

bearisgray 05-07-2015 11:49 AM

Mother's Day Gifts

Members of my family do well if they remember to wish me "Happy Mother's Day" - and that really is - most of the time - okay.

This year I bought myself my own gift.

A Hiker H-901 grommet press.

It should last quite a bit longer than dinner, candy, and/or flowers.

(DH did bring in some lilacs today - they are wonderful!)
(They did buy a Nook for me one year - I have enjoyed having it!)

Do any of you buy yourselves "gifts" - and if so, what?

quiltstringz 05-07-2015 12:18 PM

I have in the past - not all of the time but sometimes. Sometimes the only way to get what you want is to get it yourself

lynnie 05-07-2015 03:54 PM

I'v bought myself 5 ct tennis bracelet, 2 ct dia earrings, 6 ct. morganite ring,Russian chrome diopsde ring
lot of other jewelry, a emb machine, featherweight machine.A few other things too.If I want I, I get it,
Oh ad a full length female mahogany mink coat.and a 2ct. cocktail diamond ring.

nanacc 05-07-2015 04:48 PM

My sweet DD has already wished me an early Mother's Day greeting in text. I sometimes get double whammy....My birthday is sometimes on Mother's day. Missed it by three days this year!

sewingstash 05-07-2015 05:00 PM

My DH got me a OLfa 17 inch Rotating Cutting Mat at Joanns and used a 60% off coupon, too. Love it!!!

Stitchnripper 05-07-2015 05:26 PM

Yes - I get whatever I want whenever I want it. Why not. Mr Stitchnripper and I don't have the kind of relationship where we ask permission. we are level headed and can afford what we want. We also don't want anything all that far out.

lynnie 05-07-2015 05:36 PM

for anniversaries my dh uses the traditional chart.
one year I got some dirftwood, I love driftwood.
Last year I got a little wind chime with a kitty on it.
Wonder what Ill get this year???? He always comes up with great ideas.
We get what we want/need and never ask permission either.

quiltingcandy 05-07-2015 05:45 PM

My husband always wants a list from me - so I finally said why don't I just order what I want and then you can wrap it. And he thought it was a wonderful idea. (He doesn't have to wrap it - but he wants to.) This year I ordered 2 dies from Accuquilt. I am not big on Mother's Day - I prefer to be shown love all year long not just one day and at 60 there is very little that I want or need. But they insist, for me I prefer spending the day together and having a nice meal.

Peckish 05-07-2015 06:42 PM

My family has a tradition. All the moms get together and have a moms day out shopping, having lunch, doing girl things, whatever we want. The dads hang out at home together and do fun things with the kids. We were all stay-home moms when the kids were little, so it was nice to have an entire day to ourselves. This year it was me, my mom, my sister-in-law, and my niece, who, at age 16, has decided it's more fun to hang with us than the dads. We went fabric shopping, had lunch, went shoe shopping, went to a coffee shop, checked out the new toys at Best Buy, went to a bookstore, had drinks, and most of all, laughed and laughed. I wouldn't trade these experiences for anything.

BETTY62 05-07-2015 11:10 PM

Having my family drop over and give me a hug is all the gift I need.