Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Movie Suggestions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/movie-suggestions-t310236.html)

sewbizgirl 03-21-2020 09:31 AM

Movie Suggestions

During our time of confinement at home, many of us will take to our couches more than usual. It would be great to compile a list of our favorite movies to share with each other. I will start with one that hubby and I stumbled across last night... which turned out to be a gem!
Poms with Diane Keaton. A lady decides to sell her home of 45 years and move into a senior living community. She doesn't fit into any of their existing clubs, so she starts her own cheerleading club. I won't tell any more but the movie is delightful.

tranum 03-21-2020 09:53 AM

Lion - true story of little fella who gets separated from family in India I believe
Peanut Butter Falcon - true story of Downs Syndrome guy who runs away has adventure
Good Girls - 2 seasons Netflix. 3 friends who need $ for various reasons. They get in deep.
Where the Money Is. (Paul Newman)
Downton Abbey. 6 seasons
Wish Man - true story of Make a Wish organization
Virgin River - season 1
Harry & Snowman - true horse story
Philomena - true story woman searches for child she gave up
Dolores Claiborne
Mrs Lambert Remembers Love
Keeping Up With the Joneses - ongoing story of Ranch life (Australia, I think)
The Ron Clark Story - teacher experience
Aftermath - Arnold Schwarzenegger loses family in plane crash - true

i Keep a list but I’ve got to get better adding notes to myself
Please ad a short note if you post movie names, it helps.

SusieQOH 03-21-2020 11:21 AM

SBG- what a great idea!!!
I love movies as well but lately I've been overdosing on gangsters: The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire.
We binged on those entire series this winter!
I need something lighter haha. So thanks!!!
Love Downton Abbey, Doc Martin, Madmen. I will probably revisit them but want some new suggestions.

tallchick 03-21-2020 02:29 PM

Joy Luck Club
Lonesome Dove
Braveheart
Saving Private Ryan
Tombstone
Game of Thrones
The Winds of War
War & Remembrance
Man on Fire
Band of Brothers
War Horse
The Durells in Corfu
Jamestown
Thornbirds
Shogun
Forrest Gump
Top Gun

SusieQOH 03-21-2020 02:52 PM

Lisa, no matter how many times I watch Lonesome Dove it's a sob-fest! Omg that is such a wonderful movie!!!!!!!
I read the book years before the movie and they picked the perfect actors for that movie.

tallchick 03-21-2020 03:12 PM

SuziqOH- I agree it does the same to me as well! I do watch it when I need a good cry, and yes, the entire cast is perfection! they really did an amazing job! I too read the book and have the audiobook series too.

Jingle 03-21-2020 03:28 PM

We like anger management
what about Bob
Christmas vacation
weekend at bernies

About anything funny. Serious or scary movies are not for me. Actually I don't sit and watch TV. I haven't been to a movie theater since ET came out.

I do play several childish computer games.

Tartan 03-21-2020 04:22 PM

All the Indiana Jones movies are good for escapism.

wesing 03-21-2020 04:40 PM

The Count of Monte Cristo

SusieQOH 03-21-2020 06:56 PM

If you want to laugh My Cousin Vinny is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. We watch that a lot when the kids are home.
It's a family favorite.
I've often wondered though, what Southerners thought of that movie. I'm Italian so I "get" the Italian part so well.
I'm going to rewatch The Help soon. Love that one!

Another favorite of mine is Places in the Heart- Sally Field and an awesome cast. John Malkovich, Danny Glover, Ed Harris,Lindsay Crouse, Amy Madigan, it's wonderful.