Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   moving to canada (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/moving-canada-t142494.html)

Kitsie 08-04-2011 08:12 AM

Where in Canada are you going, Devon? I wish you well and sometimes wish I was still back in Vancouver!

Oh, saw Toronto is to be your new home!

amma 08-04-2011 08:36 AM

Wishing you a smooth and uneventful move :D:D:D

QuiltE 08-04-2011 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie
Where in Canada are you going, Devon? I wish you well and sometimes wish I was still back in Vancouver!

Oh, saw Toronto is to be your new home!

Kitsie ... not Toronto ... she's way out of the city, and NE of it at Lindsay

alikat110 08-04-2011 03:52 PM

Luckily you will still be here with us...just changing location. Wish you the best on your adventure

nativetexan 08-04-2011 04:51 PM

I wish you luck. Don't change your board name!! Enjoy Canada!!

Sassylass 08-04-2011 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by devon
thank you all. i'm moving to lindsay in ontario, north of toronto...cant wait, i wish i could take something to make me sleep and wake up there.lol. also my 2 dogs will be coming with us, my quilt inspectors....

Welcome to Canada and you have a brand spankin new quilt shop in Lindsay :) Also there are 2quilt shops in Peterborough and 2 Fabriclands.
What kind of dogs do you have?
Hope the move goes smoothly for you all.

Sassylass 08-04-2011 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
Lindsay is a really pretty area northeast of Toronto. I am northwest and could drive to Lindsay in about 2 hours. I think you should look for your closest quilt guild and join it. That way you`ll meet some new friends who share similiar interests. My good friend in my guild is originally from England and she is not one little bit sorry that she came to Canada for a temporary job transfer and stayed. Welcome.

Lindsay also has a great quilt show..along with Peterborough,Buckhorn. Minden and Belleville :)

Jingle 08-04-2011 05:02 PM

Good luck and I hope your new location and life will be all you want it to be.

mamahippychicky 08-04-2011 05:07 PM

All the best with your move. Just remember to breathe and log in here to get daily doses of sanity :)

allie1448 08-05-2011 02:53 AM

You will be very close to me!
I came here from Bromley in Kent just three years ago. I bought my two cat inspectors with me from the UK! You will love it here and once you are settled I would love to meet up if you would like to. I have loved being able to fully enjoy my quilting and sewing here and will happily show you where all the best stores are! lol Very best wishes and I shall be thinking of you as I know how emotional it is to take this huge step to a new life

Originally Posted by devon
thank you all. i'm moving to lindsay in ontario, north of toronto...cant wait, i wish i could take something to make me sleep and wake up there.lol. also my 2 dogs will be coming with us, my quilt inspectors....