Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Music in the Sewing room... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/music-sewing-room-t288836.html)

redstilettos 06-09-2017 07:33 AM

Music in the Sewing room...

For those of you who listen to music in your sewing room:

What is on your playlist?

I told a friend I wanted a "Sewing Room Playlist".

She suggested I Fall To Pieces by Patsy and Crazy Train by Ozzy because they fit the hobby. :D

What are your suggestions?

mandyrose 06-09-2017 07:38 AM

love pasty cline songs but i have santana playing his music keeps me moving and in the groove lol!

Chasing Hawk 06-09-2017 07:51 AM

Well according to my Itunes I can listen to 2 days, 19 hours, 37 minutes and 6 seconds of music and not hear the same song twice!!

I have Country, Rock, Oldies, Alternative, R & B, Dance, Folk, New Age and the list goes on.

Some may have guessed I love music!

Doggramma 06-09-2017 08:21 AM

I have the Echo. Usually I play stuff like Perry Como or Michael Boublet or Johnny Cash. I've been trying to get it to play Pink, but it keeps going to Pink Floyd instead.

redstilettos 06-09-2017 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Doggramma (Post 7840222)
I have the Echo. Usually I play stuff like Perry Como or Michael Boublet or Johnny Cash. I've been trying to get it to play Pink, but it keeps going to Pink Floyd instead.

Pink and Pink Floyd. Oh so close! ;)

annievee 06-09-2017 09:55 AM

Like George Strait, Elvis, oldies. Most times I like the quiet and the sound of sewing machine running !

marge954 06-09-2017 01:05 PM

My list is kind of wonky. I'm 62 but love any music from big band to what's playing now.
George Strait is my man but lately it's Meghan Trainor, Charly Puth, Bruno Mars, twenty one pilots, The Chainsmokers, Santana, John Legend, Alabama Shakes, The Embers.
We have a Smart tv with surround sound so I pull up Youtube and listen to my play list:
Omi's "Cheerleader", Disturbed's "Sound of Silence, Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud, Lukas Graham's "7 Years",
R. City's "Locked Away",Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Thrift Shop" (lots of curse words), Little Big Town's "Girl Crush, Ronnie Dunn's "Bleed Red", George Strait's "Three Nails and a Cross" and Troubador, Pharrell Willam's "Happy", Brooks and Dunn's "Believe" and Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again".

marge954 06-09-2017 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Doggramma (Post 7840222)

Pink Floyd and Pink are both great just a different listening experience.

Bneighbor 06-09-2017 01:12 PM

My echo playlist includes Patsy Cline, Elvis, The Canadian Tenors (LOVE these guys), bluegrass and a little Country Swing. Get mine through Pandora, so I get a mix of different artists.

osewme 06-09-2017 01:18 PM

I like true cowboy music, trail riding songs....like Don Edwards, Marty Robbins, Ian Tyson, Riders in the Sky, Dave Stamey, etc. My favorite is Don Edwards.
When I want calm I listen to Slack Key Guitar music.

I don't have ITunes or any such techie device. I listen on Pandora.