Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Musical instrument - Do you play? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/musical-instrument-do-you-play-t207525.html)

solstice3 12-04-2012 07:43 AM

I played piano for years.... even played for Sunday school. Still have the piano but it is at my daughter's house. Need to bring it home one day!

WMD926 12-04-2012 08:08 AM

I play piano, clarinet and sing. I haven't had a chance to play/sing lately but I do love music.

wildyard 12-04-2012 08:23 AM

I love music, but the only instrument I actually play well is my boudhran. I rarely play it typically in Irish fashion, I prefer to hand play it, and love playing it to country and bluegrass music. I tried the guitar and autoharp but holding them causes me too much pain in my neck and shoulders. bummer!
My husband owns a music shop, plays just about everything, if not everything, he sells and has jams in the store every Saturday afternoon.
I also write a few songs now and then and love to sing, tho I sing with heart, not necessarily talent. LOL

Patchworkmarion 12-04-2012 09:32 AM

Piano and piano accordian,but not much anymore.Too busy quilting.

nygal 12-04-2012 09:44 AM

Unfortunalety I am not musically inclined at all. When we lived in Alaska I joined in the Hand Bell Choir. I tried SO hard to read music but my brain just is not wired for that. I attended all the practice meetings. The other people in the group, mostly older folks at that time were very nice and encouraging but I knew I was not good at it. So I ended up dropping out. I was actually sad because I just could not "get it".

Jannie 12-04-2012 04:13 PM

I play the radio really well! I took piano for about 6 months as a child. Just couldn't make the time for practicing. All 3 children can play the piano (living thru mother's mistake) and husband plays sax. I did take piano lessons again as an adult for a couple years, but I would much rather sew than practice.

Grammie Sharon 12-04-2012 04:56 PM

I always wanted to play the piano as a child. I took accordian lessons for awhile as a kid. About 10 years ago when my daughter stopped taking lessons I asked her teacher if she took in adults. I took lessons for 9 years. I'm not the greatest but it was a dream. She even entered me into federation competitions. I earned a silver cup. Guess old people dont get gold but silver. Anyway I was happy. I play handbells in our church bell choir. I love doing that.

Dolphyngyrl 12-04-2012 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by CindyA (Post 5694591)
Piano, but not for many, many years. I do think of taking it up again, though.

Me too, played for many years in elementary and junior high. Have seriously though about getting one of those nice keyboards but I KEEP buying sewing machines

captlynhall 12-04-2012 08:04 PM

Piano. I'm better when I practice a lot, not so much when I don't. But only play for myself.

mountain deb 12-05-2012 06:47 AM

My sewing machine is the only instrument I play.