Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   my crumb squares are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-crumb-squares-gone-t158378.html)

QuiltE 10-06-2011 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by girliegirl
oh thank you! I have plenty but She needs to stay out of my area!!!!! but I can't say a word or I am the nasty one........ I am stewing....... gonna tear apart the house tonight again and hopefully I will find them in a spot that i have not looked...

Perhaps she tidied them up and put them away?
Though I am now picturing you going thru the trash!!! :)

Looks like CloverPatch is your SIL!

QuiltE 10-06-2011 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by bj
My grandmother-in-law visited us shortly after we got married in the late 1960's. She worked all day one day scraping the "black stuff" out of our new pots and pans. It was the teflon coating! We just said thank you and used them for years.

Oh dear!
so much for that new fan-dangled cookware!

muddlingabout 10-06-2011 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by bj
My grandmother-in-law visited us shortly after we got married in the late 1960's. She worked all day one day scraping the "black stuff" out of our new pots and pans. It was the teflon coating! We just said thank you and used them for years.

Similiar to the time my sister was helping to provide post-op care for her MIL and polished the brass patina from a 1872 armoire. Oops.

Sheila_H 10-06-2011 06:41 AM

My mother always had a saying "The path to hell was paved with good intentions" sounds like a lot of that going around.

girliegirl 10-06-2011 07:00 AM

countless times i have dug through garbage bags!

Originally Posted by QuiltE

Originally Posted by girliegirl
oh thank you! I have plenty but She needs to stay out of my area!!!!! but I can't say a word or I am the nasty one........ I am stewing....... gonna tear apart the house tonight again and hopefully I will find them in a spot that i have not looked...

Perhaps she tidied them up and put them away?
Though I am now picturing you going thru the trash!!! :)

Looks like CloverPatch is your SIL!

girliegirl 10-06-2011 07:00 AM

OMG

Originally Posted by bj

bearisgray 10-06-2011 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
LOL. My MIL (bless her heart) when she visits she likes to help "clean" my house.

She hates how cluttered it is and will (if not roped in) go getting rid of anything and everything that I don't "need"

One of the last times she was here she "helped" the kids clean their rooms.
I just smile and remember she is only here for 3 days......

However if you need more scraps I will be more than happy to send you some!

Was that a "southern style" "bless her heart"?

sunflower126 10-06-2011 07:39 AM

Did you ask her if she saw them and what she might have done with them if she did see them? You had better ask while you are in a different room, that way if she did throw them out it will give you time to "cool off" before you can reach out and strangle her. LOL

girliegirl 10-06-2011 09:13 AM

I plan on calling her and asking her... I am very bad with my facial expressions!

Originally Posted by sunflower126
Did you ask her if she saw them and what she might have done with them if she did see them? You had better ask while you are in a different room, that way if she did throw them out it will give you time to "cool off" before you can reach out and strangle her. LOL

Melinda in Tulsa 10-06-2011 09:27 AM

[quote=girliegirl]oh thank you! I have plenty but She needs to stay out of my area!!!!! but I can't say a word or I am the nasty one........ I am stewing....... gonna tear apart the house tonight again and hopefully I will find them in a spot that i have not looked...

Check the garbage quick!