Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   my crumb squares are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-crumb-squares-gone-t158378.html)

MadQuilter 10-06-2011 09:58 AM

Why was she in your stuff? Is your stuff out in the open or in a separate room? I don't understand why anyone would get into other people's business, family or not. Now you said that you don't say anything because you'd be the nasty one. I think you really need to set boundaries. Had to do it with my MIL. We get along famously now because she knows how far she can go with me and where she better not tread.

Hope you find your crumbs.

Want me to come over and set her straight?

denise d 10-06-2011 10:16 AM

Good luck!

girliegirl 10-06-2011 10:19 AM

yeah come over and have some tea! ( get her girl ) !!

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Why was she in your stuff? Is your stuff out in the open or in a separate room? I don't understand why anyone would get into other people's business, family or not. Now you said that you don't say anything because you'd be the nasty one. I think you really need to set boundaries. Had to do it with my MIL. We get along famously now because she knows how far she can go with me and where she better not tread.

Hope you find your crumbs.

Want me to come over and set her straight?

athomenow 10-06-2011 11:01 AM

Do you have a lock on your room? I don't have anyone to come over and do anything and sometimes I think I would like it but now I'm not so sure! YIKES!

girliegirl 10-06-2011 11:20 AM

She comes over to babysit everyday and plays maid while she is here so she can snoop at my stuff and it is getting old... but I must not say anything to her... so until I become the perfect wife and neat freak I need to keep my mouth shut.. whatever... oh did i just say that out loud?

Originally Posted by athomenow
Do you have a lock on your room? I don't have anyone to come over and do anything and sometimes I think I would like it but now I'm not so sure! YIKES!

SharonTheriault 10-06-2011 11:28 AM

Sounds like a "No Trespassing" sign needs to be hung up there. Don't have to say anything, just hang the sign.

lab fairy 10-06-2011 11:31 AM

Maybe you need a new babysitter?

mamapeggy11 10-06-2011 11:32 AM

I sure hope you have found your crumbs--my MIL wasn't that way but my mom was and it was just to put me down and be nosey--once we lived 18 miles from town and 63 miles from a big grocery store out on a ranch-welll my mom, dad and a couple of my sisters were coming to stay a few days-so I had cooked up alot of food and had ref. full. I was gone all afternoon due to I did all the kids school parties and when I got back my mom had cleaned my ref and thrown most of the food out to my chickens!!!!! Lucky for her I had a deep freeze--to this day I get steamed up thinking about it!

Grannymom 10-06-2011 11:43 AM

I can't imagine anyone taking it upon themselves to go through someone else's stuff....

GingerK 10-06-2011 11:51 AM

Oh yes, I have a mother like that. I remember the first 'incident'--the night before my wedding. DH and I had gone to the church for the rehearsal along with the best man and bride's maid (VERY small wedding) and did not invite my mother to join us. When we got back to my place she had 'cleaned' my apartment--the same apartment that I slaved over for 2 days before she arrived. AND she expected to be thanked!!

Go thru the garbage. Then get yourself a chest or cupboard that locks and use it! And I really like the 'No Tresspassing' sign idea.