Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   my crumb squares are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-crumb-squares-gone-t158378.html)

brushandthimble 10-07-2011 04:38 AM

sounds like an idea to me:)

Originally Posted by SharonTheriault
Sounds like a "No Trespassing" sign needs to be hung up there. Don't have to say anything, just hang the sign.

lovelyl 10-07-2011 04:45 AM

Tough situation. Don't let your DH off the hook, this needs to be resolved as a family. Otherwise it will just be "mean old you" against a "poor old woman just trying to help". Good luck.

JanieH 10-07-2011 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by girliegirl
OMG

Originally Posted by bj
My grandmother-in-law visited us shortly after we got married in the late 1960's. She worked all day one day scraping the "black stuff" out of our new pots and pans. It was the teflon coating! We just said thank you and used them for years.

Love your avatar. Did you make it? It's great!

plainpat 10-07-2011 05:01 AM

:D :D :D

Originally Posted by KatFish
I hope you find them. My MIL still refers to me as DH's first wife. I'm his only wife. :?

wildyard 10-07-2011 05:02 AM

Perhaps just a quick phone call, "How are you now that you are back home? Oh and by the way...." LOL

ssgramma 10-07-2011 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by KatFish
I hope you find them. My MIL still refers to me as DH's first wife. I'm his only wife. :?

ROTFL

Can't wait to hear if they have been found :-)

catmcclure 10-07-2011 06:12 AM

Put a lock on your sewing room door. Next time she comes just tell her you're remodeling in there and it's unsafe to enter.

Geri B 10-07-2011 06:13 AM

call her on the phone and ask her "if she saw them while she was so sweetly straightening out YOUR sewing area"...maybe she just added them to another project you had "laying around" (in her opinion)!!!! Hope you get a positive answer...let us know....

catmcclure 10-07-2011 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by bj
My grandmother-in-law visited us shortly after we got married in the late 1960's. She worked all day one day scraping the "black stuff" out of our new pots and pans. It was the teflon coating! We just said thank you and used them for years.

I bought my late mother a set of teflon pans in the 60's and she did the same thing. I usually describe my mother as a "Southern Baptist Edith Bunker."

FroggyinTexas 10-07-2011 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by girliegirl
OMG.... my crumb squares are PIA!!! My MIL cleaned up my sewing area and now they are gone............ If she threw them out, I am going to beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee very pppppppppppppppd... Why can't she leave me stuff alone...... ARGH

I would be tickled to death! If the scraps were gone, I could quilt feeling guilty about them. froggyintexas