Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   my crumb squares are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-crumb-squares-gone-t158378.html)

PolkaBabe 10-07-2011 07:49 AM

Sorry about your missing crums. I have had to chuckel on this whole thing, no it is not funny, but the thing that made it that way for me is: I have a very close friend my age that takes care of her mother (mother lives with daughter) the mother is always going through the daughters stuff, repacking to the way she wants it, even has thrown out things but when asked about it always says, I haven't seen it, I don't know. Then mother goes off to her room & pouts for who knows how long.... I feel for you.

one-and-only 10-07-2011 08:08 AM

Hope you find your crums. I hate it when someone else "straightens" my mess. I usually tell them," I know it is a mess, but I know where everything is in that mess, so please leave it alone."

Nolee 10-07-2011 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by girliegirl
OMG.... my crumb squares are PIA!!! My MIL cleaned up my sewing area and now they are gone............ If she threw them out, I am going to beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee very pppppppppppppppd... Why can't she leave me stuff alone...... ARGH

I know EXACTLY how you feel!! My daughter called me yesterday and told me she completely reorganized my kitchen cupboards while we've been on our vacation to our other daughter for a month in Georgia. I wake up at night ppppppppdddddd. We get home Sunday and I may just committ harry karry. She's 44, not 4!!!! I do NOT understand why other people would touch our things in that way.
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

chris_quilts 10-07-2011 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas
I would be tickled to death! If the scraps were gone, I could quilt feeling guilty about them. froggyintexas

You could quilt feeling guilty??? Why on earth would you quilt while feeling guilty? Bet it was a typo but it made me laugh although the thread is no laughing matter.

MargeD 10-07-2011 09:24 AM

Ouch, I can really relate to your situation. Why was she cleaning your sewing room in the first place? I feel your pain. When my MIL came for a visit - she started cleaning my house the next day. I was totally ____________(fill in the blank) and furious that she thought my house was so filthy. Martha Stewart I'm not, however, when I have company coming I clean. My DH once decided to clean out the kitchen drawers while I was out - I came home to empty drawers and 3 paper grocery bags of stuff he thought didn't belong in the kitchen, including: gravy mix, dry soup mixes, and the list goes on. I had a similar problem with my son, when we had to move out of our house - there are some things I'll never recover, some of them expensive, but no respect for my stuff. It's a good thing I can't run fast, or even walk fast, or I'd be hot on their trail. lol. Some people just have a lot of nerve.

FroggyinTexas 10-07-2011 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts

Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas
I would be tickled to death! If the scraps were gone, I could quilt feeling guilty about them. froggyintexas

You could quilt feeling guilty??? Why on earth would you quilt while feeling guilty? Bet it was a typo but it made me laugh although the thread is no laughing matter.

you are right. I've got quilt on the brain. Should have said, Quit feeling guilty about those scraps. I think what I'm going to do is take them to Goodwill right now and then I can feel righteous about being so generous! froggyintexas

Debbie C 10-07-2011 10:11 AM

Dying to know - did you call her yet? Have the missing crumbs surfaced? Do we have to post your bail???

wraez 10-07-2011 10:19 AM

MargeD and others, I think if my dh, MIL, etc invaded MY area like this I would say something like ... awww so nice of you, now I'm gonna clean out your workbench/man cave/ garage/ etc etc . Then DO IT and put all their stuff in big trash cans that they can now resort thru.

Ok guess I have a mean streak when I hear about stuff like this.

My DH respects my areas tho he does tease me by saying when I'm gone for the day that he will 'clean' something for me, but he won't. He just loves to tease me a couple times of year. But he said the sweetest thing to me last week, never said it before ... Hon you keep the house looking so nice.

jad1044 10-07-2011 10:42 AM

I too would be so blustering angry it would be hard to ever talk to her again - good gosh!!! Maybe a do unto others as they do unto you is needed; what's her favorite thing? let it disappear! I'm not usually like this, but it burns me when things are moved when I'm the only one who ever uses it - so leave things alone!

DBrooks 10-07-2011 10:45 AM

Just wear your witch hat and maybe she'll stay away! :-)