Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My DH trying to drink a Green Smoothie... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-dh-trying-drink-green-smoothie-t87212.html)

alaskasunshine 01-02-2011 07:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So we are trying to drink green smoothies. I did not think this would be so tough on my DH. But as you can see he did not do well. He barfed and quit. I did 3 of them today. Poor guy! We were both laughing like crazy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nearly in tears
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152349[/ATTACH]

oh so sad...he did not make it :(
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152350[/ATTACH]

Unique Creations 01-02-2011 07:51 PM

If your green smoothies taste and smell, shall we say less than appitizing, put them in a travel mug with only a small hole so you don't have to smell it. That's the only way I can get "Healthy Drinks" down and to stay down. Hope this helps.

tjradj 01-02-2011 07:52 PM

I'm with your hubby on this one. I gave up with the grass drinks after 2 days. It was like chewing on alfalfa.
I'm sticking to fruit drinks.

SandyinZ4 01-02-2011 07:55 PM

What in the world is in them that makes them taste so bad? Do you really need to do this? Seems there are better ways to stay healthy.

hperttula123 01-02-2011 07:56 PM

We make smoothies and we put spinach(sounds gross but you don't taste it), strawberries, bananas, yogurt, and milk in it. I throw it all in the blender....kids love it. I have my kids' friends try it when they come over. They now ask for spinach shakes. I mix it up and change it alot. You can use whatever fruits you have. They overpower the spinach so it's like drinking a v8.

crkathleen 01-02-2011 07:58 PM

I'm sorry your hubby got sick but he has a cute boo boo lip. lol

DebraK 01-02-2011 07:59 PM

lol, he looks so pitiful ;-)

alaskasunshine 01-02-2011 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
What in the world is in them that makes them taste so bad? Do you really need to do this? Seems there are better ways to stay healthy.

Here is the recipie I used,my DH said it tasted like his fresh mown lawn :lol:

Dr. Fuhrman’s Green Longevity Drink
Makes 4 cups

1 large head romaine lettuce
1 1/2 cups spinach
2 sprigs parsley
1 cup broccoli florets
2 leaves mustard greens or turnip greens
3 collard leaves
1/2 cup watercress
1/8 tsp. oregano
1/2 avocado
1 banana, peeled
3 large strawberries
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1/2 papaya or mango
1 1/2 tsp. flax seeds
1 1/2 tsp. sunflower seeds
1 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds

1. Place 1/2 cup water into blender, adding ingredients, one by one, and blending until liquefied.

2. Pour 1 cup of Dr. Fuhrman’s Green Longevity Drink into glass, adding water and stirring until desired consistency is reached. Store remainder in an airtight container and refrigerate.

quiltsRfun 01-02-2011 08:04 PM

Sorry but I don't think I could get that down either.

nativetexan 01-02-2011 08:06 PM

I knew i didn't like green things!