Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My favorite restaurant is . . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-favorite-restaurant-t101813.html)

huntannette 02-23-2011 10:35 AM

Churchill`s in North Bay Ontario.....thy have homemade gnocchis with a cream sauce that is to die for.....i crave them all the time..only get there maybe once a yr if i`m lucky.....yum!!!

Angelmerritt 02-23-2011 05:32 PM

The Cheesecake Factory - Can't believe no one else has mentioned it yet. My favorite is "The Navajo" sandwich. Warm Fry-Bread Stuffed with Grilled Chicken, Avocado, Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion and Mayonnaise.

And cheesecake for dessert, of course!

madamekelly 02-23-2011 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Angelmerritt
The Cheesecake Factory - Can't believe no one else has mentioned it yet. My favorite is "The Navajo" sandwich. Warm Fry-Bread Stuffed with Grilled Chicken, Avocado, Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion and Mayonnaise.

And cheesecake for dessert, of course!

Skip the cheesecake, but that sandwich sounds good.

GrammaO 02-23-2011 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette
Churchill`s in North Bay Ontario.....thy have homemade gnocchis with a cream sauce that is to die for.....i crave them all the time..only get there maybe once a yr if i`m lucky.....yum!!!

What is gnocchis? I have never heard of it....

julie 02-24-2011 12:09 AM

Any "Casa" restaurant in Fort Wayne In. Family owned, good prices, good service, excellent Italian food, every month different specials. Olive Garden doesn't compare in any way, shape or form. MMMM, I'm hungry for their lasagna right now, and the Casa Salad is to die for!

starshine 02-24-2011 06:52 AM

I might actually get to Ft. Wayne, will look for this one if I do-sounds good

dljennings 02-24-2011 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by starshine
DH and I like to find independant restaurants, esp. if traveling. There are some local places that I like, a neighborhood place Wildflower cafe, Mozart's, owners are from Vienna, and Chatalaine, owners are from France, these 2 are bakery and authentic cafes. Had really good pizza at Lorenzo's in Oberlin. Now I'm hungry too and should have gone to bed an hour ago. If I ever get to Oxford Ma I'm gonna try to get to Carl's diner.

i promise you won't leave hungry !

huntannette 02-24-2011 11:32 AM

little dumplings made with mashed potatoes and flour...thy pan fry them ...yum

Originally Posted by GrammaO

Originally Posted by huntannette

What is gnocchis? I have never heard of it....

rushdoggie 02-24-2011 11:41 AM

We are lucky enough to live where there are a lot of small, non-chain (or small chain) places to eat and I generally prefer that. We love pizza at Pizza Italiano here in Vancouver, Thai at Chaba Thai in Portland, and BBQ at Rib City in Vancouver. I also love the hummus and stuff I get at the Jerusalem Cafe here, though DH doesn't like it as well.

As far as chains, I like the biscuits at Red Lobster enough to eat there, and I love the salad at Olive Garden and most of their pasta dishes too.

BellaBoo 02-24-2011 12:11 PM

We seldom go out to eat in our town. They are all chain restaurants. Cracker Barrel is my pick when I'm traveling by car.