Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My husband (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-husband-t37979.html)

redquilter 02-26-2010 09:37 AM

Barb - that sounds like exactly the same thing that happened here in Aug. I know exactly what you and your husband are going through. The short tempers are a result of the withdrawal (I don't smoke so I didn't have that but hubby did) AND it's such a stressful, frightening time. I want you to know that things will calm down and you will both be fine. As long as you both stopped smoking and are making a major change in diet, he will soon start to feel much better. The anxiety will be there for a long time however. Heart attack patients sometimes get very depressed along with being tense. But that will begin to subside in time. My husband used to think this was the end of his life until I convinced him that as bad as it was, he was able to walk out of that hospital. Many have to be carried out (to put it graphically). I told him to look at it as the wake up call it was and if he makes the changes (which he did) he will be fine. He just went for some tests and everything is perfect. So know that there is hope and a light at the end of this tunnel you are both in right now. Blessings to you both.

Karenmay 02-26-2010 09:37 AM

I'm glad he's home safe and sound Barb, I know how scary it is...my dh had a heart attack in 2006 and I tried to stay calm but inside I was terrified! My love to you both!

Karen xx

bluebird 02-26-2010 05:33 PM

Oh Barb, I'm so glad he got into the hospital and had the procedures done, now with new diet and no more smoking both of you will feel better. The snappiness is temporary, each day will get smoother. My DH has quit cold turkey, smoked for over 60 years and never wanted to quit. Sometimes it takes a wake up call to change our minds! He has been smoke free now for a month and doing great. You are in my prayers, please take care of yourself too!!! :-D

Moonpi 02-26-2010 05:50 PM

Quitting smoking is never easy. I hope you two have plenty of years of bickering ahead of you now.

wvdek 02-26-2010 05:55 PM

SO sorry about all you are going through. I am glad tehy caught your DH's problem sooner than later. Hang in there-it will get better.
Just make sure you are not replacing smoking with overeating. You know the hand to mouth keep the hand busy keep the mouth busy kind of thing. That would be a whole other problem.
My best to you both.

Sheila Elaine 02-26-2010 05:57 PM

Glad your DH made it thru & is home. I'll be praying for both of you & time will take care of the tenseness of the quitting smoking. All will be back to normal soon. Think of all the money you'll have now to spend on fabric!!! :thumbup:

blahel 02-26-2010 06:31 PM

glad to hear that your husband is recovering. My dad had a mild heartattack and had been a smoker for 60 years but that gave him such a fright that he quit smoking then and there and he has not smoked since! That was about 3 years ago!

fabuchicki 02-26-2010 09:13 PM

I hope the quitting goes easier for you every day and I hope your husband feels better soon.

Rhonda 02-26-2010 09:21 PM

Barb I am so glad he is ok and home again! I do understand the stress and especially the waiting to see what will happen in the hospital. My DH had a head injury in 77 that we didn't know if he would live or die for a week. It is so stressful that it is hard to be upbeat. I try to remember when we are snapping that I am just so grateful he is here to snap at me! I have had to learn to bite my tongue and let things go but it is hard to do and I have never smoked. So that isn't an issue for us. But it will get better! I so sympathize! I hope things get better each and every day!

Keeping you in my prayers!!

I go To The Sea To Breathe 02-26-2010 09:56 PM

When my husband got out of the hospital in November. we both came home and went to sleep and slept and slept off and on for days. being in thr hospital does not give you rest.