Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My Italian Greyhound's attraction to batting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-italian-greyhounds-attraction-batting-t210228.html)

roserips 01-07-2013 11:22 AM

My nephew decided he liked the feel of the quilt batting his mother gave me for my birthday. Told him no leave it alone, then put it away in my room. Next thing I knew he was in there with batting globs on the floor. Would have loved to strangled him.

LindaJR 01-07-2013 06:36 PM

My Great Dane will do anything if he smells/sees bread. I keep it in the microwave to keep it from him, but I know he is going to watch me often enough to figure out how to open the door and get the bread. He opens doors so I have managed to lose a few loaves of bread because I forgot to put it away in the microwave. He manages to get about one loaf a week. He can eat the loaf faster than I can go back in the room when it hits me I forgot to puit away. With his height not many places are out of his reach. He does have the sense to look guilty, but I can see he is pleased with himself too. Ya gotta love them though.

sassey 01-07-2013 07:45 PM

When I was trucking we had a beloved Boxer one day we stopped to eat at a taco shop in a mall and just happened to be able to observe our truck When I got out I had left the window sun screen pulled down . Apparently Gipzie couldnt see out good enough as we set watching she kept trying to get the shade up with her nose when that didnt work she took her paw and tore it off. She must felt remorse because when we got back to the truck she was all happy and innocent she had some how managed to hide the shade. I looked all over the cab and sleeper for it about a week later she unhid it and I found it in the seatShe was quite the dog wanted me to put makeup on her every time I put on mine so I bought her her own make up she just loved it and expected us to tell her how beautiful she was. she loved to be dressed to. We couldnt keep an egg crate mattress pad on our bed because she would shred them

Peckish 01-08-2013 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jory (Post 5768996)
I heard a thump, thump, thump. Nip had caught a live chipmunk and put it in the bathtub so she could watch it run around in circles! Wish I had had a video!

I wish you had a video too! I would have LOVED to have seen this!

Jingle 01-08-2013 05:40 AM

My avatar dog, a chihuahua,seven pounds can not be trusted if we both leave the room. We keep her crate close by and stick her in it, even for a few seconds. She is getting a bit better but still can't trust her. Baby gates are a wonderful thing also.

chips88 01-08-2013 06:02 AM

lol so funny...i left mine in the house. while going grocery shopping. he was a puppy then. ( avatar pic.) came back hoping he would be good.destroyed my couch..was mad for a sec.. but looking at his face .got over it quick.. he is not left inside while i am gone...:)

Geri B 01-08-2013 06:28 AM

would you allow your child to do these distructive actions? So why think it's cute for a domesticated animal to be allowed to do it? There are ways to train, control "bad" behaviorial problems.......It seems to be more prevelant in certain breeds of dog. I have had dogs all my life and none have been or done distructive things, but my daughter has had weimaraners and they are difficult to live with....must take all sorts of precautions before leaving the house, and lucky if that dog will not have found something new to get into-----cute, I don't think so....yuck, not for me..........

Bueniebabe 01-08-2013 07:43 AM

I had a rat terrier that sot tangle up in a skein of yarn I had to cut it off him. Should have took a picture. I also heard him jumping in the bathroom. He kept jumping and hitting the northern tissue and had unrolled the whole roll. One other time he ate some cotton balls with sea breeze on. The vet said to give him hydrogen peroxide to make him throw up. We couldn't get it down him so put it in a bowl, he drank it and threw up 4. He would push the chairs at my kitchen table away so he could jump on the table to my island. My husband taught him to sit pretty and reach for the sky, then he would drop down on his back and play dead with his legs up in the air. He was the smartest 12 pound dog we ever had and his name was Bandit.