Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My little quilting buddies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-little-quilting-buddies-t244908.html)

Billi 04-10-2014 05:28 AM

My little quilting buddies

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I would share a picture of my Furry quilt helpers
Emma the doxi mix and Gambit the wire hair fox terrier. They are my constant companions I can't count how many times I have stepped on Gambit He's a sweetie but not the brightest bulb in the room.

athomenow 04-10-2014 06:28 AM

So good to have help that doesn't talk! I am not an animal lover but my husband would like to be. I just can't see taking on anything that breathes and needs to eat and be walked. I have a husband and that's plenty of work for me. I love seeing the pics of everyone's pets though.

ManiacQuilter2 04-10-2014 08:48 AM

They at least appear to like each other. I miss my Westie. Can't have pets where I am living and it is hard to handle the cost and care of a pet in your later years.

Doggramma 04-10-2014 10:07 AM

Oh my gosh, they're adorable! Thanks for sharing.

The dogs in my avatar are my granddogs, Toby and Nick. They patiently wait right by me when I take the chewed up torn toys and sew them back together.

Gambit sounds like Toby. He's kind of clueless!

omacookie 04-10-2014 10:33 AM

My dog will not stay still long enough for me to take a photo of him.....All the above fur babies are adorable.

Jingle 04-10-2014 11:11 AM

Nice little dog helpers.

No way would I ever live without a dog or two.
I have trained my puppy Dusty not to bother my fabric while I sew or quilt. My cats aren't allowed in my sewing room. Neither is my dog Cookie (In my avatar).
Dusty likes to wrestle with Cookie, to much fuss and commotion for me.

Billi 04-10-2014 02:38 PM

They are my girls dogs and have grown up together they really can't be separated she would be ok but he is very dependent in her. Kids went away to school and they become my shadow and constant companions. They are actually really good and do not mess/play with any of my fabrics. They like squeaky toys and my fabrics don't squeak.

Dog gramma I love that they wait patiently for thier toys to be fixed.

Athomenow we have always had pets I love the thought and idea of them but as we have lost them I'm not replacing I kind of don't want to be cleaning up, baths, vets, walks. We'll see but I don't know if we will ave anymore once theses two say goodby.

barri1 04-10-2014 02:50 PM

I can't imagine not having Socrates.. He is my shadow, also.. He hangs out in the doghouse under my desk, and next to my sewing machine. He is so low key, and just enjoys being with his mom..

Luv Quilts and Cats 04-10-2014 02:51 PM

They are so cute!

Sandra in Minnesota 04-10-2014 02:56 PM

Dogs and cats are such wonderful companions. They make great quilt police - because they don't talk. Sometimes I think they are much better than a man!