Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My little quilting buddies

My little quilting buddies

Thought I would share a picture of my Furry quilt helpers
    Emma the doxi mix and Gambit the wire hair fox terrier. They are my constant companions I can't count how many times I have stepped on Gambit He's a sweetie but not the brightest bulb in the room.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

So good to have help that doesn't talk! I am not an animal lover but my husband would like to be. I just can't see taking on anything that breathes and needs to eat and be walked. I have a husband and that's plenty of work for me. I love seeing the pics of everyone's pets though.
    Debra

They at least appear to like each other. I miss my Westie. Can't have pets where I am living and it is hard to handle the cost and care of a pet in your later years.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Oh my gosh, they're adorable! Thanks for sharing.

The dogs in my avatar are my granddogs, Toby and Nick. They patiently wait right by me when I take the chewed up torn toys and sew them back together.

Gambit sounds like Toby. He's kind of clueless!
    Lori

My dog will not stay still long enough for me to take a photo of him.....All the above fur babies are adorable.

Nice little dog helpers.

No way would I ever live without a dog or two.
    I have trained my puppy Dusty not to bother my fabric while I sew or quilt. My cats aren't allowed in my sewing room. Neither is my dog Cookie (In my avatar).
    Dusty likes to wrestle with Cookie, to much fuss and commotion for me.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

They are my girls dogs and have grown up together they really can't be separated she would be ok but he is very dependent in her. Kids went away to school and they become my shadow and constant companions. They are actually really good and do not mess/play with any of my fabrics. They like squeaky toys and my fabrics don't squeak.

Dog gramma I love that they wait patiently for thier toys to be fixed.

Athomenow we have always had pets I love the thought and idea of them but as we have lost them I'm not replacing I kind of don't want to be cleaning up, baths, vets, walks. We'll see but I don't know if we will ave anymore once theses two say goodby.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

I can't imagine not having Socrates.. He is my shadow, also.. He hangs out in the doghouse under my desk, and next to my sewing machine. He is so low key, and just enjoys being with his mom..

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    They are so cute!
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

Blog Entries
    Dogs and cats are such wonderful companions. They make great quilt police - because they don't talk. Sometimes I think they are much better than a man!

soooooo! adorable and look how nice they sit together AWE!

Cuties....yup, when kids leave the nest and we still need to be "needed"' there they are no questions asked, just giving without reservation, love and loyalty....keeps me centered, that's for sure......

Your dogs don't talk??? Mine tells me when she wants out, when she is out of water, when she wants to play, when she wants me to nap with her, and when it's bedtime. Spoiled little weiner dog. Can't even go to the bathroom without her. She expects to be toweled off if she goes out in the rain or snow, gets a potty treat every trip, and a chewy when we come home if she's been on guard duty. She does a chewy dance to make sure we understand. If I sit at the sewing machine she really "needs" to go out and then heads for my easy chair where she can sit with me when she comes in. Sometimes I think she talked too much!
    Last edited by lclang; 04-11-2014 at 05:09 AM. Reason: misspeloling

now that my daughter has moved back home (oh Joy!) her dog and cat are constantly underfoot (mine). My six kitties have no problem sharing house space with them, but these furbabies just don't realize they are NOT supposed to lay on my feet while I'm working my foot pedal!! this has been an interesting couple of weeks!

We had two ferrets for 8 years & so loved them. When we lost them, I swore we would never have another animal as it is just to hard when you lose them. Our friends had a batch of pups & I let them know right off we didn't want one. They say that when pops are born that they can't hear. Whenever from day one, one of these little guys (a girl) would respond to my voice whenever I was there. Then when their eyes opened, she would fallow me around & sit by me while she was in the baby pen. My friend kept saying that she has picked me out as her person as she wouldn't have anything to do with anyone else. To make a long story short, she came home with us 6 weeks later & she sticks to me like Velcro. She even has her own computer & sewing chair next to mine & has a fit if someone tries to sit in them. She is almost 5 now & I don't know what I would do without her. Your fur babies are darling.

Power Poster
    cute cute cute!!!
    QUILTNMO

Blog Entries
    What little Sweeties I would be lost without my 3 little dogs. My min-pin Clem is 17 yrs old and still has the energy of a pup. which is good cause he can keep up with the other 2 rowdies. Plus he is now the chief babysitter of 3 - 1month old kittens. They follow him every where. And he does a very good job at keeping them clean. They all look like punk rockers with all their spiked hair-do's. Poor Mama kitty has to re-bathe them a dozen times a day. As my Mom use to say ''critters are better then teen-agers''

Yep, my dog keeps a very close eye on my when I'm sewing or quilting...or doing just about anything! LOL
    Take time to recharge your batteries. Itís hard to see where youíre going when your lights are dim. Robert H. Connelly

Blog Entries
    They look full of anticipation.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

They are so cute!!
    Alyce