Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   This is my marriage and all my friends marriages to a tee. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-marriage-all-my-friends-marriages-tee-t290502.html)

SusieQOH 08-22-2017 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by ByThePiece (Post 7891842)
This is the second time I read this thread. The first time I called a friend with an animal rescue and read it to her. We laughed and laughed. This time it seemed even funnier. I love this quilting forum because it's like visiting with a bunch of friends. I find myself with about 16 cats right now but need to find good adoptive families for about 10 of them. I took 2 moms having kittens to save their lives and a litter the people were moving and going to throw the kittens out into the trailer park, "someone will feed them." They were 3 months old and the baby only weighed 18 ounces. They are all healthy and well and I love them all so much but I am getting old and need to find them younger families. I am alone and have enjoyed your pet stories so much. And the 'weird' fabric post was a hoot also. Thank you for your friendship.

I've also reread them and read them to my husband. He cracked up!!! You have such a big heart- I wish I could rescue some of those kitties. We are down to 2, 3 died within a year and a half but they were sisters, so they got old at the same time. So hard :(

zennia 08-23-2017 09:07 AM

Showed this to my husband. He laughed. So true. We had 5 at one time now we only have 3.

cashs_mom 08-23-2017 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 7889651)
Cash_Mom- that's a dachshund???

Yup. Long haired dachshund. There are also wire haired dachshunds that have a sort of terrier/schnauzer look

onestrokeartist 11-29-2017 12:52 PM

My mother always hated cats, don't know why, she said they would jump up on counters and that they were dirty. I believed her. I moved in with my then to be husband, and his cat promptly pooped on some of my clothes that I had been unpacking. Funnily enough, I didn't scream blue murder. After all, it's a little critter after all. Anyways, in the space of being married 27 years we have had a number of kitties, at one spot in our lives, no kitties as I began to get allergies. Then the allergies stopped. So our most recent kitty is Crescent a white and black. Our most affectionate adorable kitty Maxi just passed away. We had him for about 14 years. I still cry when I think about him. He had a tumour in his mouth, we tried to keep him as long as we could, but could not bear to see him suffer. he was a Russian Blue. Hope he is having a happy time in kitty-kat heaven.

canmitch1971 11-29-2017 08:22 PM

My husband knew that I came with cats and/or dogs or not at all. Now he loves our cats as much as I do.

SusieQOH 11-30-2017 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by canmitch1971 (Post 7953249)
My husband knew that I came with cats and/or dogs or not at all. Now he loves our cats as much as I do.

Same with us only the reverse. I didn't like cats and my husband loved them. That was about 8 cats ago and I am totally in love with them!