Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My new addition needs a name. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-new-addition-needs-name-t130249.html)

grannypat7925 06-14-2011 10:58 AM

Patches, for the different color patches in her coat.

chickadee 06-14-2011 11:51 AM

I had a calico just like her that I called C.J. which was short for Calamity Jane.

svenskaflicka1 06-14-2011 12:19 PM

minx! she's as soft as a mink, and she looks like she "slinks" when she walks. and a minx is a cutie with a bit of the dickens in her.

Winnemay 06-14-2011 01:14 PM

Martha ... first thing that came to mind when I saw her picture

GramaLaura 06-14-2011 01:36 PM

Cute kitty! My daughter had one like her and called it "Little Bit" :-D

Minnisewta 06-14-2011 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Katia
Thanks for all the great names. I wrote down bunches of them for my husband to look at and some I thought of too while I was doing the Fabshophop. He decided she looked like a Abby, So I decided to call her Abby Rose. I can't remember if Abby was in this thread or I found it on the shophop.

She is the funniest kitten I have every had I think. She is living up to the clownish reputation of a calico. I grew up with lots of calico's and torties but they were Manx cats. The calico's were always more silly and fun then the grey or white ones we had.

She is settling in quite well. I put up all the dangerous things in here that she could get into. Pins and thread and all that. She is so curious and quite the climber. But she mostly wants to sit or sleep on the desk and be close to me. We may have to figure out something different when I start to cut something out or sew. I do everything at this desk, so that may be a problem. But I will figure it out, I do have options.

So for now anyway, I think her name will be Abby Rose, but I have been known to change my mind. I do like the makeup names. I was thinking Mabelienne (sp?) would be cute too.

I love Mabelienne (sp)!! Abby Rose is good too. I know a young lady named Abby Rose.

Minnisewta 06-14-2011 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Katia
Thanks for all the great names. I wrote down bunches of them for my husband to look at and some I thought of too while I was doing the Fabshophop. He decided she looked like a Abby, So I decided to call her Abby Rose. I can't remember if Abby was in this thread or I found it on the shophop.

She is the funniest kitten I have every had I think. She is living up to the clownish reputation of a calico. I grew up with lots of calico's and torties but they were Manx cats. The calico's were always more silly and fun then the grey or white ones we had.

She is settling in quite well. I put up all the dangerous things in here that she could get into. Pins and thread and all that. She is so curious and quite the climber. But she mostly wants to sit or sleep on the desk and be close to me. We may have to figure out something different when I start to cut something out or sew. I do everything at this desk, so that may be a problem. But I will figure it out, I do have options.

So for now anyway, I think her name will be Abby Rose, but I have been known to change my mind. I do like the makeup names. I was thinking Mabelienne (sp?) would be cute too.

I love Mabelienne !!

chickadeee55 06-14-2011 02:16 PM

How about Patches?

She must be going to be a big cat, she has big feet. Cute

madamekelly 06-14-2011 02:19 PM

Since her first palace in your home was your sewing room, and looking at her beautiful coat, I would call her "Patches". Everyone should save an animal if they can. It would put some of the "puppy and kitten mills" out of business. IMHO

Cyn 06-14-2011 02:22 PM

How bout Lucky ?