Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My new quilt inspector! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-new-quilt-inspector-t135173.html)

Kallen 07-05-2011 09:50 PM

She is darling! We lost our kitty of 17 years a few months ago. Chloe makes me want to get another one. I love cats! :thumbup: :thumbup:

joysewer 07-06-2011 05:25 AM

She is adorable and reminds me of my black and white Chloe!!!

Kas 07-06-2011 01:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Kallen
She is darling! We lost our kitty of 17 years a few months ago. Chloe makes me want to get another one. I love cats! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh, do go get another one! We lost our 19yr old kitty two years ago, so this past October we adopted a precious baby we named Abby. Things were going great (after we got her cured of the upper respiratory infection) until I looked at her in the semidark one night. One of her pupils was dialated and the other wasn't. When I put her in the light and even when I shone a flashlight in her eyes, the dialated pupil wouldn't contract. And that eye was foggy. So, off to the vet we went. It turned out she had FIP which is a mutation of the corona virus that happens with a small percentage of cats. It is fatal. She had the dry form, so we had more time with her. We even got her into a drug trial for a drug called Polyprenyl Immunostimulant which has show amazing results. We just got in about two weeks too late. My heart was broken and so were the hearts of the rest of the family. We finally decided to try again. You won't regret it. She had thumbs!

This was our Abby. She was only 9 months old when she died.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221914[/ATTACH]

See her thumbs?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221915[/ATTACH]

nrt211 07-09-2011 04:53 PM

What a beautiful little girl! Thanks so much for rescuing her!

Hattie Frances 07-09-2011 05:47 PM

Chloe is a gorgeous tuxedo, I see the makings of an excellent quilt inspector.

Celeste 10-16-2011 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Kas
Here is my new baby. We named her Chloe. I secretly hope she will stay off of my quilts . . .

I was just going through your topics to see the "BAD KITTY" posts. In light of the resulting pictures and descriptions, I can't help but laugh out loud! Of course, you do also say you doubt she will, but still. . . :lol:

Luv Quilts and Cats 10-16-2011 11:41 AM

She is so cute. My avatar is named Chloe too! She's a shelter rescue, wants to be the only cat, and doesn't like to be held too much. But she is a great lap sitter! I hope you and Chloe have great times!

Luv Quilts and Cats 10-16-2011 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Kas
Tonight she let me hold her to my chest while she was doing the pussycat shuffle (making bisquits!). The kneaded me and chewed on my finger. Ouch! But she does that when she kneads. Definately taken away from her mommy too soon. We love her! When she walks and is happy, she kneads the floor with each step. Doesn't she have big ears? What does that mean?

My vet once told me big ears means the cat will grow into them and be big. He was right. My Mickey looked like Yoda as a kitten and got up to 22 pounds!