Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My new walk in bathtub will get installed next week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-new-walk-bathtub-will-get-installed-next-week-t156707.html)

DebsShelties 09-29-2011 04:42 AM

Looking forward to a new bathtub, been getting ready for a couple of weeks - moving stuff so they can bring the tub in.

Painiacs 09-29-2011 04:46 AM

Pls let us know what u think I want one!!!

Painiacs 09-29-2011 04:47 AM

DebsShelties 09-29-2011 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Painiacs

I did a lot of research on them, found one that I liked at a good price, it got here - delivered, just waiting on my contractor now.
I am unable to sit in a regular tub due to a long term back injury, so a walk in is best for me.
Also tired of always having to take just showers in my walk in shower.

LindaR 09-29-2011 05:00 AM

I've been thinking about them too...the only drawback I can see is having to wait for water to drain before getting out. Someone told me her GM got cold just waiting to drain??? something to think about I guess.

DebsShelties 09-29-2011 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
I've been thinking about them too...the only drawback I can see is having to wait for water to drain before getting out. Someone told me her GM got cold just waiting to drain??? something to think about I guess.

Drainage is fast on the tubs, 1 - 2 mins. If I were to fill the tub I have now, it would take up to 7 mins to drain.
You can also stand and start drying off in the walk in, guess some wait till they can open the door etc. There is a small shelf in back of your headrest to place a towel.

stitchinwitch 09-29-2011 05:13 AM

oh - we would LOVE to have one, but aren't they running about 10K? A little too pricey for our pocketbook. But enjoy yours - let us know how it goes!

DebsShelties 09-29-2011 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
oh - we would LOVE to have one, but aren't they running about 10K? A little too pricey for our pocketbook. But enjoy yours - let us know how it goes!

Mine cost under $4,000 - they can run higher. I got one with jacuzzi jets etc.
Total with install will be just under $8000. Part of the install will include a tile floor as well for the bathroom.
There is plumbing, electrical and a carpenter, mine also has a tile person for the tile around the tub on the wall and the floor.
Carpenter to patch the hole in the wall to pass the tub thru to the bathroom. My bathroom door is not wide enough to get the tub in that way.

blueangel 09-29-2011 06:22 AM

Maybe someday I can get one.

Willa 09-29-2011 07:39 AM

I think you'll love it. My friend likes hers so much she uses it 2-3 times a day. She says her walk in tub helps ease some of her pain.