Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "MY" quilt book! I'm so happy with it! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-quilt-book-im-so-happy-t257719.html)

wildyard 12-03-2014 03:54 PM

"MY" quilt book! I'm so happy with it!

3 Attachment(s)
Visiting in Ohio recently, my DD offered to help me take advantage of a special offer from Joann Fabrics that I had been saving because I was too intimidated to try using it on my own. It was for making a photo book online using Shutterfly.

With her help, I managed to complete the book and now it has arrived. I am just thrilled with it. DD suggested the title, then added "Volume I", Creations from 2010-2014. I chose the photo for the back page and the statement there.
Here are some photos from the book:

wildyard 12-03-2014 03:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I should add that neither my DD nor I are affiliated in any way with either business. Here are a couple more photos.

KLO 12-03-2014 04:48 PM

Very cool and a great way to save photos of the quilts you have made. My dd made me a book like that but it had photos of her, her youngest son, my dh, and me when she visited us a number of years ago. What a nice remembrance that is now. Isn't it nice to have those photos bound and in a hard backed book?

wildyard 12-03-2014 05:59 PM

Yes,it is especially nice for me because all the quilts have gone on to others.

quiltingeileen 12-03-2014 06:02 PM

How cool is that! Thanks for sharing. I may have to do one sometime.

Emma S 12-03-2014 06:05 PM

Wildyard: That's amazing, it looks so professional. Failed to keep photos of all my quilts but keep thinking its never to late to start. Thanks for the inspiration.

NikkiLu 12-03-2014 07:39 PM

What a wonderful idea/book!!! My two daughters use Shutterfly to make books for their vacations, etc. Will have to have them to show me how to make one for myself.

LoupEsprit 12-03-2014 09:00 PM

I have used shutterfly before for books, but never thought of a portfolio/memory book! (I made DH a book of his first year with DS for his first Father's Day) I love this idea!!

kristijoy 12-03-2014 09:05 PM

This is a wonderful way to make a portfolio of your work! I'm also a digital scrapbooker; I love to make pages of my art projects...quilts included!

Edie 12-04-2014 04:27 AM

I have a book called "A Quilter's Notebook - An Illustrated journal". I gave one to my mother years ago and I have her book full of stories, pictures, hints, everything. So I got one for myself and am filling it and just being the kind of person I am I bought another one, in case I fill this one up, which I should be this year sometime. I think it is a wonderful memory book, for our kids, for friends, for ourselves. I wanted to get one for a gift for a friend, but now I can't find them. Edie