Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: "MY" quilt book! I'm so happy with it!

"MY" quilt book! I'm so happy with it!

Visiting in Ohio recently, my DD offered to help me take advantage of a special offer from Joann Fabrics that I had been saving because I was too intimidated to try using it on my own. It was for making a photo book online using Shutterfly.

With her help, I managed to complete the book and now it has arrived. I am just thrilled with it. DD suggested the title, then added "Volume I", Creations from 2010-2014. I chose the photo for the back page and the statement there.
    Here are some photos from the book:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

I should add that neither my DD nor I are affiliated in any way with either business. Here are a couple more photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

KLO
    Blog Entries
    Very cool and a great way to save photos of the quilts you have made. My dd made me a book like that but it had photos of her, her youngest son, my dh, and me when she visited us a number of years ago. What a nice remembrance that is now. Isn't it nice to have those photos bound and in a hard backed book?

Yes,it is especially nice for me because all the quilts have gone on to others.

How cool is that! Thanks for sharing. I may have to do one sometime.

Wildyard: That's amazing, it looks so professional. Failed to keep photos of all my quilts but keep thinking its never to late to start. Thanks for the inspiration.

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful idea/book!!! My two daughters use Shutterfly to make books for their vacations, etc. Will have to have them to show me how to make one for myself.
    Nikki in MO

I have used shutterfly before for books, but never thought of a portfolio/memory book! (I made DH a book of his first year with DS for his first Father's Day) I love this idea!!
    Megan
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/K9Creative
    Happiness is a new quilt and an old dog.

This is a wonderful way to make a portfolio of your work! I'm also a digital scrapbooker; I love to make pages of my art projects...quilts included!
    Kristi

Blog Entries
    I have a book called "A Quilter's Notebook - An Illustrated journal". I gave one to my mother years ago and I have her book full of stories, pictures, hints, everything. So I got one for myself and am filling it and just being the kind of person I am I bought another one, in case I fill this one up, which I should be this year sometime. I think it is a wonderful memory book, for our kids, for friends, for ourselves. I wanted to get one for a gift for a friend, but now I can't find them. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

What a terrific idea, nice job ladies.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Wonderful idea! I had better get quilting to have enough to fill a book! Your book looks great.

Blog Entries
    This is such a great idea!

Oh my goodness! I need to do this! Thank you for this wonderful idea.

What a great way to have a remembrance of all your beautiful quilts and the recipients of them! I have kept a photo of every one I made but this is a wonderful way to have them bound and kept in nice order. You did a great job. I think this will have to be a new project for me!! Thanks for sharing the idea!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    ANd it is a great way for record keeping.

Very nice.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Great idea!

Blog Entries
    Now that's an idea to remember...and I've recently trashed some picaboo ads for unlimited pages for a minimal fee! Bummer! Maybe they'll send another one soon!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Well that is just downright cool .. Glad you did it now you have a memory album of what you have done in the past...
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Congratulations on your book! It's lovely and one to be proud of! A great way to pass on your personal history of quilting to your current and future family! Your love of quilting and beautiful work will be preserved forever!
    Live, Laugh, Love & Quilt!
    Weasie

Power Poster
    What a great way to show off your quilts. I started a small photo album with pictures of my quilts, so when people ask about quilts I've made, I can show them.

Blog Entries
    That is SEW COOL! I have one my niece put together of my parents, their courtship and 66 years of marriage. A quilt book would be great. Thank you for sharing!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

That's wonderful. What great memories it gives you of all your quilts.

Wildyard: Could you explain how the process works. I went on the site to try to find out but still don't understand. Thanks.