Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My thrift store sheet squeezed out another project. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-thrift-store-sheet-squeezed-out-another-project-t253690.html)

Wow I Like That 09-14-2014 08:00 AM

The top is 6-1/2" wide. I have a gross of 9" zippers so that is what I'm using so the metal doesn't get in the way of my stitching. But 7" would work. Not that I don't love JoAnns but zippers there are too much money. I buy them from Amazon. I buy from this store all the time. 54 9" zippers for $7.99 and free shipping. That is $.14 a piece versus JoAnns at $2.19 each. Or search Ebay too. They always have zipper deals too. I have a drawer full of zippers and I use what I pull out. It doesn't have to match exactly for a project like this.

It is also about 10" deep - that is double because you cut on a fold. So you need a 7" x 10" scrap or there abouts - a little bigger gives you cutting room. I tried regular batting and fusible batting. Fusible wins hands down. The regular batting was to thick. At least what I had, it was a polyester mid loft. Too thick. A thin warm and natural would work great too but I didn't have any. This is a use what I have kind of project. You need lace too. About 14" per purse. I have someone give me a roll of the lace I was using - it is a big roll and has probably 100's of feet of lace. That is all mine are getting again because that is what I have and I had been wondering what the heck am I gonna use all this one. This works.

I didn't write a tutorial yet, but I will. I'll get it posted sometime tomorrow.

Gee Hope 09-14-2014 08:37 AM

Your panty purses are darling. I will watch for your tube because I like quick projects that I can actually finish. Thank you for sharing.

Pollytink 09-14-2014 09:28 AM

Thanks for the info....eagerly awaiting the tute!! Haven't done zippers so that's a bit scary! You used metal ones, not plastic, right? These are perfect for Christmas coming up!! They are SO cute!!!

mountain-moma 09-14-2014 10:34 AM

I can't get a picture either can someone help me with this,, Please

lynnie 09-14-2014 10:44 AM

Thanks for the explanation. waiting for the tute. Just too darn cute. I had to come look again. what a wonderful Idea!.
And whomever said it, it's a great gift. Hey this could be a great bachelorette gift too.

meganc731 09-14-2014 10:45 AM

That's just the most adorable thing ever!

fred singer 09-14-2014 12:05 PM

very cute

Wow I Like That 09-14-2014 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by mountain-moma (Post 6888152)
I can't get a picture either can someone help me with this,, Please

Go to the Home Page and then go back to General Chit Chat. That should refresh your screen and you should be able to see it. I had to edit the page when I posted because I messed up and the pictures weren't there so you are probably still seeing on that page. That is what I'm thinking. Go back, refresh and come back and you should see.

QUILTNMO 09-14-2014 04:47 PM

cute idea!!!

blueheavenfla 09-14-2014 07:43 PM

Hmmm.....my mother always used to say, "hang on to your britches, young lady". Now I know why.