Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Need frying pan handle cover details (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-frying-pan-handle-cover-details-t269790.html)

annievee 09-09-2015 06:03 AM

Need frying pan handle cover details

I did a craft show this past weekend and more than one shopper ask for these. I have a general idea on how to make but would like to hear other ideas. Fast and Simple, please. TIA, Annie

Tartan 09-09-2015 08:18 AM

I have seen them made from the square put holders with the hanging loop. You simply fold the pot holder in half and top stitch down one side and the bottom. Voila! handle cover with a little loop for hanging.

ptquilts 09-09-2015 11:57 AM

I made a few for my own use (gas stove, metal handles - ouch!) - just made them like a padded eye glass case.

PenniF 09-09-2015 05:14 PM

I've had mine for years...because i mostly cook with a cast iron skillet. Bought inexpensive pot holders, folded in half and sewed up one side and along one end. Most started out as 6 x 6 potholders. Done a little "fancier" they make great small gifts.

nlclubb 09-10-2015 03:13 AM

There is a free pattern at So Sew Easy. Just search "hot pan handle"

Onebyone 09-10-2015 04:22 AM

I make them for sale tables from potholders but I use the Lodge pan handle cover. They are dishwasher safe and heat will not penetrate. A big seller at the last craft show I went to was the round lid covers. I didn't buy one, wish I did now to see how it was made. I do know a pony tail band was used for the elastic.

Geri B 09-10-2015 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7312941)
I make them for sale tables from potholders but I use the Lodge pan handle cover. They are dishwasher safe and heat will not penetrate. A big seller at the last craft show I went to was the round lid covers. I didn't buy one, wish I did now to see how it was made. I do know a pony tail band was used for the elastic.

....round lid cover ? I'm not sure I know why? Made from fabric, for storage? Sorry for this silly question...maybe I need another cup of coffee!

lawsonmugs 09-10-2015 05:58 AM

round know pot holder

1 Attachment(s)
I make these pot holders. Good for crockpots. I just leave mine on the pot while cooking. (Ignore the needlebook next to it on the picture.) These take about 7 minutes to make. :o

FabStripper 09-10-2015 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 7313016)
I make these pot holders. Good for crockpots. I just leave mine on the pot while cooking. (Ignore the needlebook next to it on the picture.) These take about 7 minutes to make. :o

I never seen this thing before but I like it. Is there elastic inside?

angelmama22 09-11-2015 07:04 AM

Love this idea for the crockpot - which I use frequently! Is this your own design/pattern, or is it available somewhere?