Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Need help with business name (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-help-business-name-t123972.html)

laurafet 05-19-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by laughingquilter
Just Peachy Quilting?

Like this!

CloverPatch 05-19-2011 05:58 PM

"Stitch-it Quilting Service"

greenini 05-19-2011 06:04 PM

I like Artisan LA Quilting or Quilters, it sounds good, it is close the beginning of the alphabet and I too am old enough to think that matters! Guess you could make it ALAQ, but doesn't have that ring..now if you could come up with some thing that you could say....

glassnquilts 05-19-2011 06:13 PM

I like Just Peachy Quilting and maybe not Artisan LA but maybe Artistic Longarm Quilting. Think I will try to decide by the end of the weekend.

carolynbb 05-19-2011 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Neena
Sweet T's Longarm Quilting--A Southern Tradition

I think this one is great! And you could offer people a nice ice cold sweet tea when they come to see you!

SueSew 05-19-2011 06:25 PM

Use your surname, because you are an owner and a small business and not afraid to say your surname - your surname is your word of honor. It is all of your ancestors there with you, proud of you. It will bring you trust.

Use the word 'quilt', because when you do your website it will bring you up better to Google. You want your website to optimize for your town/county/state + LAQ/quilter/long-arm quilter etc

Avoid cutesy-girly-crazy type names because they are just short of ditsy which connotes unreliable - unless you can be wicked clever.

Good luck!!!! Do beautiful work!! Make money!!

donnalynett 05-19-2011 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by carolynbb

Originally Posted by Neena
Sweet T's Longarm Quilting--A Southern Tradition

I think this one is great! And you could offer people a nice ice cold sweet tea when they come to see you!

I like this one also. If you want at the front of the phone book or advertising, then you could swap the lines. Be sure and check if the advertisers drop the "A" and move you to the "S" section.

quilt crazee 05-20-2011 11:57 AM

stitch-N-time long armed by theresa finished stitches

heberstitcher 05-20-2011 03:19 PM

Peachy Stitches Quilting

bernie 05-20-2011 07:05 PM

I saw the name of a business something like Penquines and Polkadots. They didn't sell either, but I thought the name was really cute. It made me look at their web site. Remember you asked for suggestions, they might sound silly, but if you run the names through your head, you might come up with something. Since quilting is a lot of measuring what about (Footage and Yardage with a Longarm). What did your first quilt look like, what word comes to mind when you think of that. Hope some of this helps. (Piecedwork and Patchedwork). (Cut, Stripped, and Stitched). (I Dream of Quilting). (And the Quilting Goes On). (Your Quilt Has Been Framed). (Comfort in a Quilt). Congratulations and good luck on you business.