Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Need ideas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-ideas-t283755.html)

zozee 11-15-2016 09:44 PM

I made 5 doll quilts, between bigger projects, throughout the year, and sent them with dolls and other little gifts in Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.

My newest niece will get a baby quilt.

I might make ornaments for the daughter/DILs if I get the big stuff done. But for the most part, I try to give everyone what they ask for, not what I want them to have.

miriam 11-16-2016 03:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
They might not get much else but I made my girls each a name tag
[ATTACH=CONFIG]562251[/ATTACH]

paoberle 11-16-2016 04:02 AM

The grandkids are teenagers, so they get money. I bake for the rest of the family.

Nerys 11-16-2016 05:07 AM

Yesterday I baked a fruitcake for gift. And the past week I make an extra long pillowcase for my teen DD, she can put 2 pillows into it sort of like a lounge cushion. One of my hobbies is aromatherapy so made some bath salts using dried roses and dried lavender from my garden from the past summer, mix it into a blend of half seasalt and half baking soda Arm & Hammer, added a few drops geranium essential oil, I put this into nice jars.
Yesterday evening I made a little gift for myself a pin cushion of leftover pink floral fabric.

Karamarie 11-16-2016 05:30 AM

My daughter and oldest Granddaughter (12) are each getting a sewing basket filled with the basics. The basket for my daughter is the one my mother gave me 55 years ago (wicker). I made the pincushions that go into the basket so they are a little special. I've been using Joann coupons for the different items. It's been fun.

sewnsewer2 11-16-2016 05:36 AM

Well in the past, I've made monogrammed pillowcases, decorative hand towels, monogrammed bath towels, quilts, ornaments, aprons, runners, place mats, wreath wall quilt, tote bags, purses, lace bookmarks, pot holders & microwave bowls. Gee I think that about covers everything. I think I will make the neck pillows for the grand girls & their parents. They travel all over the world and I'm pretty sure they don't have any. LOL

deeleigh 11-16-2016 06:19 AM

I give money or gift cards but always make something to hold them.This year I found a stocking pattern online and resized so folded money or gift cards would fit and then with my Janome 6600 put names on the cuffs.Haven't finished them all as have to get things ready for Thanksgiving...hope everone has a good one! Dee

Pam S 11-16-2016 07:14 AM

This year I'm making glove-compartment emergency kits (for little emergencies, not big ones). Making zippered bags. Some will be monogrammed, some not (to be kept on hand for last-minute gifts). They contain band-aids, wet wipes, Kleenex, pen, small pad of paper, safety pins, etc. - anything you wish you had handy in your car. If you don't want to take the time to make bags, you could use pencil pouches from the school supply department.

sewnsewer2 11-16-2016 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Pam S (Post 7700295)
This year I'm making glove-compartment emergency kits (for little emergencies, not big ones). Making zippered bags. Some will be monogrammed, some not (to be kept on hand for last-minute gifts). They contain band-aids, wet wipes, Kleenex, pen, small pad of paper, safety pins, etc. - anything you wish you had handy in your car. If you don't want to take the time to make bags, you could use pencil pouches from the school supply department.

Oh that's a great idea!

JuneBillie 11-16-2016 02:05 PM

Miriam your name tags are so pretty, and very unique. I am sure they will love them. :thumbup: