Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Need or Want: Food Processor (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-want-food-processor-t241964.html)

BDawn 02-25-2014 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99 (Post 6596011)
For those of you have the Ninja, is it a food processor or a blender? I think the only Ninja's I have seen are blenders.

I think it is both. The one I have, has 6 blades I use it more as a processor

Phyllis nm 02-25-2014 09:03 PM

My KA is 45 years old I only replaced the brushes in it. When the kids were home I used it daily.
Now it is only me. I picked up a tiny B&D -FP at Tuesday Morning for $10 it is perfect for one person.
I love it also. I have a large KA FP I love it for big jobs.

quiltingcandy 02-25-2014 09:25 PM

I had a Cuisinart and my husband did not like the way is chopped vegetables - no matter what it was too fine. It broke fairly quick with very little use, so didn't replace it. I do have the mid-range Kitchen Aid Mixer with the grater and juicer attachments. (I had the grinder too, but found I never used it so gave it to my niece.)

I have the Ninja - and use it only as a blender. They show it on QVC all the time and use it to chop nuts, vegetable and fruit. It is a matter of how you use it.

psychonurse 02-26-2014 04:35 AM

I have the Cuisinart brand FP and use it at least monthly, in the summer, weekly. It makes Cabbage into the texture I like within minutes. Carrots for carrot cake is a breeze, etc etc. I love mine and a few yrs ago, bought one for my SIL for a gift, she uses hers also.

lclang 02-26-2014 05:15 AM

I have one that I bought at a garage sale for $10 probably over 10 years ago. It is a workhorse. I shred cheese, slice potatoes, carrots, etc. mix noodle dough and cookie dough in it, chop nuts, etc. If it dies tomorrow I will be on the way to the store to get another one!

Sdwill 02-26-2014 07:05 AM

I use my FP several times a week. I also cook a big meal almost every night from scratch. I bought a large Hamilton Beach FP at Walmart about 10 years ago. Still going stong.

dc989 02-26-2014 07:16 AM

Have a Cuisinart, but rarely use it. I hate cleaning it, so I unless I have a huge amount to chop I don't use it. Since I rarely use it I usually don't do a very good job. For example soup like shredded carrots etc.

MaggieLou 02-26-2014 07:21 AM

I only use mine about twice a year for making deviled eggs. Other than that it never gets used. I do have a small Black & Decker one I use occasionally for small stuff. If you only have two people in your house, I don't think it's worth the money.

canmitch1971 02-26-2014 07:58 AM

I use mine for a number of things like making my own breadcrumbs from the crusts of my whole wheat bread, grinding cheese, chopping nuts, etc. I don't use it a lot but I do like to have it.

Annie68 02-26-2014 08:08 AM

I had one but gave it away for lack of use. Much easier to do whatever I used it for by hand or with a regular mixer. Too much bother to wash, also took up too much too on my counter.