Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Nervous Mom (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/nervous-mom-t35404.html)

Boston1954 01-29-2010 08:27 AM

Kids!! Even when they are grown they still think of ways to turn your hair grey. I will pray that the cord stays intact.

You could not get me to do that even with a gun to my head.

Joan 01-29-2010 08:31 AM

I felt the same way when my son announced he would be climbing Half Dome in Yosemite. He called me when the "ascent" was completed and he was in one piece.

Your son will be fine but I'm sending hugs anyway.

Why don't they realize that these kind of things give us grey hair and upset stomachs?????

amma 01-29-2010 05:10 PM

Oh My!!! Now I know how MY mom felt when I was rock climbing, bike racing and the other crazy things we were all doing as adults... :roll: Atleast we didn't tell her until AFTERwards LMBO
Hang in there MOM!!! (((HUGS)))

nursie76 01-29-2010 05:17 PM

Thank you for all your support. I just talked with my DD and DSIL and they survived! and loved it! They chose the option that allowed them to actually dip their heads in the water...good think I didn't know they had that option, I would have been an Uber wreck!
They tell me that now they have gone once, they can go for cheaper for the next 6 months....EEEEEKKKKKK! I thought the making you tear your hair out stopped by the time they are 27!!!!!!

tlrnhi 01-29-2010 05:59 PM

They dunked their heads?
Hmm...I'm thinking that being "down under" now has a different meaning. lol
I don't think that if either of my girls did that, I would want them telling me about it before either.
Glad they had a good time and now you can give your heart a rest. Kids! Can't kill em! lol

Jingle 01-29-2010 06:11 PM

I'm glad they lived through it and you too. I too am afraid of heights and would never do that. I won't even ride in an airplane, want my feet as close to the ground as possible. I see no since in tempting fate.

nursie76 01-29-2010 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
They dunked their heads?
Hmm...I'm thinking that being "down under" now has a different meaning. lol
I don't think that if either of my girls did that, I would want them telling me about it before either.
Glad they had a good time and now you can give your heart a rest. Kids! Can't kill em! lol

Yep! Dunked their heads! And how can that not break your crazy neck I asked!!!!!! Kids! ;)

littlehud 01-29-2010 09:08 PM

Well, I'm glad they are OK. I just don't understand the appeal of that, but I'm not 27 either.

nursie76 01-29-2010 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Well, I'm glad they are OK. I just don't understand the appeal of that, but I'm not 27 either.

Yeah, that's kinda what my hubby says, he wouldn't do it now but probably would have at 27.

lalaland 01-30-2010 11:22 AM

I wish they would tell us about those things AFTER they do them!