Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   netflix (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/netflix-t252641.html)

mandyrose 08-28-2014 02:22 PM

netflix

dose anybody have it and how dose it work? I googled the site but it didn't explain much but sign up and get a free month and can you only watch it on the computer I have no clue how this works.

Stitchnripper 08-28-2014 02:24 PM

I think if you have a "smart TV" or "smart DVD player" you can watch it on the TV. At least both my sons do that. We have a "smart TV" and the icon for netflix is there but we have never used it.

kathy 08-28-2014 02:45 PM

to watch it on TV you can use a gaming system, since we don't do games I bought a Roku from walmart ($100.00) after 3 years lightning got it so now I do just watch on my computer because husband didn't really watch it anyway, well worth the $8.65! I've watched Desperate Housewives all the way through at least 8 times!

Kooklabell 08-28-2014 02:55 PM

If you have an HDMI cable outlet on your flat screen TV and Computer you can interface your tv to computer :) I don't have much I like to watch on Netflix so I've used it and cancelled it a couple of times :) Buts its a good deal for 8.95 and easy to cancel.

0tis 08-28-2014 03:05 PM

I have Netflix - I have the 2 DVD program - I get two dvd's and I can return them whenever I want and get two more mailed to me - also I can watch movies and programs from Netflix on my computer - I usually have it on when I am sewing. So I use it a lot on my computer - its just convenient for me - and you can hook up an HDMI cable to your tv and watch movies from your computer too.

nativetexan 08-28-2014 03:14 PM

well i signed up for DVD's to be sent to my house. it was just over $8.00 per month and i would watch perhaps one movie a week. I recently cancelled though and even that was easy. wonders never cease- a company that made cancelling my account easy.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 08-28-2014 04:20 PM

You can also get a Netflix enabled DVD player and watch it on your TV. We've had Netflix for years and use it constantly. We watch it on the TV, computer, phone and Kindle.

gale 08-28-2014 10:33 PM

We love Netflix. We can watch it on the computer, on any of our smartphones or ipod touches, on a roku box, on the wii, I think on the xbox 360, and we also have a smart tv and a blu ray player that works with it. We're all set. lol. We only have the streaming plan. If you decide to get it, Call the Midwife is a great show to watch on it. I liked Land Girls too. I'm not sure if Downton Abbey is on it but that is another good show. We just finished watching Breaking Bad on it but that's a pretty rough and violent show.

eta: the roku box we have wasn't nearly as much as the PP paid. They have different models and ours works fine with our tv. I think it was around $50. There are other brands that work too though.

ManiacQuilter2 08-29-2014 04:28 AM

CALL THEM !! They have very nice customer support with Americans who answer the phone from the northwest part of the USA. I quit because I was out of movies I wanted to watch !!

solstice3 08-30-2014 03:15 AM

Two ways to do it.. Go on line and add pic you want to watch to your list then they can either 1. Send you the DVD or 2. You can stream it via internet if you have the right type of TV or you can watch it on a computer (I think). We have had it for several years with the DVDs and love it. We take a break from it every now and then for travel or just to wait for more things to come out. They have been great to deal with