Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: netflix

netflix

dose anybody have it and how dose it work? I googled the site but it didn't explain much but sign up and get a free month and can you only watch it on the computer I have no clue how this works.

I think if you have a "smart TV" or "smart DVD player" you can watch it on the TV. At least both my sons do that. We have a "smart TV" and the icon for netflix is there but we have never used it.
    Alyce

to watch it on TV you can use a gaming system, since we don't do games I bought a Roku from walmart ($100.00) after 3 years lightning got it so now I do just watch on my computer because husband didn't really watch it anyway, well worth the $8.65! I've watched Desperate Housewives all the way through at least 8 times!

If you have an HDMI cable outlet on your flat screen TV and Computer you can interface your tv to computer I don't have much I like to watch on Netflix so I've used it and cancelled it a couple of times Buts its a good deal for 8.95 and easy to cancel.
    Kookie (Patti)

I have Netflix - I have the 2 DVD program - I get two dvd's and I can return them whenever I want and get two more mailed to me - also I can watch movies and programs from Netflix on my computer - I usually have it on when I am sewing. So I use it a lot on my computer - its just convenient for me - and you can hook up an HDMI cable to your tv and watch movies from your computer too.

Blog Entries
    well i signed up for DVD's to be sent to my house. it was just over $8.00 per month and i would watch perhaps one movie a week. I recently cancelled though and even that was easy. wonders never cease- a company that made cancelling my account easy.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You can also get a Netflix enabled DVD player and watch it on your TV. We've had Netflix for years and use it constantly. We watch it on the TV, computer, phone and Kindle.

Blog Entries
    We love Netflix. We can watch it on the computer, on any of our smartphones or ipod touches, on a roku box, on the wii, I think on the xbox 360, and we also have a smart tv and a blu ray player that works with it. We're all set. lol. We only have the streaming plan. If you decide to get it, Call the Midwife is a great show to watch on it. I liked Land Girls too. I'm not sure if Downton Abbey is on it but that is another good show. We just finished watching Breaking Bad on it but that's a pretty rough and violent show.

eta: the roku box we have wasn't nearly as much as the PP paid. They have different models and ours works fine with our tv. I think it was around $50. There are other brands that work too though.

CALL THEM !! They have very nice customer support with Americans who answer the phone from the northwest part of the USA. I quit because I was out of movies I wanted to watch !!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Two ways to do it.. Go on line and add pic you want to watch to your list then they can either 1. Send you the DVD or 2. You can stream it via internet if you have the right type of TV or you can watch it on a computer (I think). We have had it for several years with the DVDs and love it. We take a break from it every now and then for travel or just to wait for more things to come out. They have been great to deal with

Blog Entries
    I was at Sams CLUB and they had an USB and remote for 48.00 dollars. Something easy to install. We have had Netflix for 4 years. DO loves it. I don't watch much tv.

We have had Netflix so long we pay just 5.65 a month for 2 movies or TV shows. Which is plenty for us. We pick the movies and add to our queue. Our TV is on sports most of the time, but there is always time for the movies each month.
    Have a Blessed Day

We have it on our Tv, watch it alot, great documentaries on everything, $8 a month, great deal.
    Nancy

We love it. We are planning on dumping cable and just use streaming.

We have it through the Wii on the main TV and on the bedroom TV with a Roku box. It's wonderful and inexpensive. We can also get it through our Ipads and phones. (Very handy in the sewing room when there is nothing on TV during the day.)

Blog Entries
    I've had Netflix almost since it was launched and I can watch both on the television and on the computer although we prefer the TV. For the price I think it's a great bargain per month. You can also watch series that you may have missed the first time around. I was glued to Breaking Bad for days.

Blog Entries
    My daughter, myself, and a couple friends are on the family plan. I use my wii to watch it. (The best part is as wii gets older, they get cheaper.) Check your local pawn shop for a great deal, just insist on having them prove it is a working one. I watch Netflix and Youtube videos this way Youtube is free on the wii, but you are limited to the youtube videos that are formatted for the wii use. Our family plan costs us about $12 per month. One wii is hooked to an HDMI television, and the other is hooked up to a simple flat screen. Works just like any other TV, but the feed comes from the internet. You do need internet service to use it the way I do, but I am not sure about any other set ups. We do not use the individual movie discs from Netflix, and I just heard on the news that they would be discontinuing that part of the service. Your internet provider can help you get it set up, usually by phone instead of a service call. I really have no idea what other set ups would work. I am not the family techie, my DD is, and she is at home in bed, so not any help with this reply. Lol!