Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   New Addiction (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-addiction-t209594.html)

Dolphyngyrl 12-31-2012 08:29 PM

My new one is embroidery, who new I would love it so much, very happy with my new baby

Geri B 01-01-2013 07:18 AM

sorry, but what is this Word game.....is it like scrabble. Altho, if it something that I have to "play w/friends" no thanks......on my computers I have scrabble and I play w/computer...........occasionally, not addicted........wish there was one for the iPad, but I cannot find one......I have also found that on the iPad, the games that are offered for "free" always stop you at some point and require you to "buy" the "full version", if you choose not to, you just keep playing the little teaser over and over...that is when I delete the whole thing. I really hate when something has a "hook"........... so I stick to me and computer playing Scrabble together.

KnitnutBZ 01-02-2013 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 5754262)
sorry, but what is this Word game.....is it like scrabble. Altho, if it something that I have to "play w/friends" no thanks......on my computers I have scrabble and I play w/computer...........occasionally, not addicted........wish there was one for the iPad, but I cannot find one......I have also found that on the iPad, the games that are offered for "free" always stop you at some point and require you to "buy" the "full version", if you choose not to, you just keep playing the little teaser over and over...that is when I delete the whole thing. I really hate when something has a "hook"........... so I stick to me and computer playing Scrabble together.

Yes it is a scrabble game . I ave mine on my I pad, however I have had problems with it lately as I stated in my post above. Keep watching the app you want and sometimes they go on sale

wolph33 01-02-2013 04:47 PM

I borrowed my daughters kindle and played for a while-then told her take it home so I will sew more.now with my broken wrist I may ask her to bring it back for a while

Maralyn 01-03-2013 06:34 PM

I play Words on my Kindle and laptop. I love chatting with those I am playing with - classmates from high school (I graduated in 1965); former co-workers; my sister; and daughters of friends. My husband and my son play several times a week doing nothing until the game is finished. I love the ad on tv with the pig on the plane and the stewardess' think he is playing Words.

lfstamper 01-11-2013 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by KnitnutBZ (Post 5757288)
Yes it is a scrabble game . I ave mine on my I pad, however I have had problems with it lately as I stated in my post above. Keep watching the app you want and sometimes they go on sale

Words with friends is free on the ipad and Kindle. Really fun to play.