Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   New Format (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-format-t174265.html)

Sandra in Minnesota 01-04-2012 05:03 PM

Love the archives - It is so much like the old way. I was just about ready to give up!!

barny 01-04-2012 05:06 PM

You just have togo all the way to the bottom and there it is.

Caswews 01-05-2012 07:43 AM

Just a little bit of poking around and one can love the new format- its just change and we as humans don't like change very much ! its in our nature !LOL

sdeaaz 01-05-2012 05:36 PM

OK.... so how do you Bookmark, and where are my old ones? that is what I miss most...

annesthreads 01-06-2012 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by EagarBeez (Post 4840847)
I have that same problem from time to time. Instead of quick reply, I use go advanced. It works better

Thanks for the tip -will try that.

grocifer 01-06-2012 04:09 AM

Finding the old bookmarks has been most difficult but think I finally have figured it out. Go to the Main Page and click on Blogs (top left), then you will be able to click on My Blogs and I think the old pages will appear. Good Luck. Now I just have to figure out how to categorize all of them and put the recent ones in with the old! Another challenge....

sampson001 01-06-2012 04:17 AM

I still love this board, butI am still having trouble navigating. I have posted problems I am having and I cannot find my post anywhere as well as I do not get any replies. I have also posted a picture and it seemed to have got lost in 'cyber space'. I also cannot now find how to bookmark articles for future reference so if any one can help there I would be grateful.

sharon b 01-06-2012 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by sampson001 (Post 4847107)
I still love this board, butI am still having trouble navigating. I have posted problems I am having and I cannot find my post anywhere as well as I do not get any replies. I have also posted a picture and it seemed to have got lost in 'cyber space'. I also cannot now find how to bookmark articles for future reference so if any one can help there I would be grateful.

1) to book mark- at the top of the thread is Thread tools , click on that and hit subscribe, it will ask you how you want to be notified about new replies in a drop down box-

2) to see if topics you have "subscribed" to have new answers click on setting at the top of the page

3) if you start a new topic and want to see if anyone has replied and you have NOT subscribed to your own thread - at the top under profile- look to the left click on latest started topics

4) to find your latest posts to the board- under profile on the left look for latest posts

probles 01-07-2012 10:19 AM

It took me a few weeks to come back to the site after it changed. I was just not ready to learn something new. but they went back to the same thread way and I quite like it now. I read that many have problems with it freezing up. I have never had that problem. I do have DSL hook up. Maybe that makes the difference because it does take a great deal of memory going in and out of posts.